* cgroups inquiry
@ 2011-01-18 14:43 Mark Hounschell
From: Mark Hounschell @ 2011-01-18 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-kernel; +Cc: Mark Hounschell

I have multiple tasks running, each with a controlling terminal. Is
there anything in cgroups that would allow me to pass a signal from one
of these tasks to all the others. It seems I can't use kill(3) because
it appears all these processes would have to be in the same process
group and only a single controlling terminal is allowed per process group??

Is this a correct assumption?

Is there a way to eliminate the "single controlling terminal"
requirement per process group?

Can cgroups help me in any way?

I can't use any sort of poll/select method. I need signals.

Thanks and regards
Mark

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-01-18 14:43 UTC | newest]