* Filter input traffic by uid
@ 2011-01-25 12:04 Glauco Junquera
From: Glauco Junquera @ 2011-01-25 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hi All,

Iptables can filter output traffic by uid, for example iptables -A
OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner 100 -p udp -j DROP.
I need to implement the same for input traffic. Anyone have any idea
of how can i do it (where i must start)? I am new to netfilter
development i tried some simple modifications on code with no success.
I would really appreciate any kind of help.

Regards,
Glauco.

* Re: Filter input traffic by uid
@ 2011-01-25 14:06 ` Patrick McHardy
From: Patrick McHardy @ 2011-01-25 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glauco Junquera; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On 25.01.2011 13:04, Glauco Junquera wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Iptables can filter output traffic by uid, for example iptables -A
> OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner 100 -p udp -j DROP.
> I need to implement the same for input traffic. Anyone have any idea
> of how can i do it (where i must start)? I am new to netfilter
> development i tried some simple modifications on code with no success.
> I would really appreciate any kind of help.

I've added socket layer hooks a couple of years ago for that
purpose, but we've never merged it. James Morris based some
work on them, I think this should be the latest version:

http://people.redhat.com/jmorris/selinux/skfilter/kernel/

* Re: Filter input traffic by uid
@ 2011-01-26 10:52   ` Glauco Junquera
From: Glauco Junquera @ 2011-01-26 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick McHardy; +Cc: netfilter-devel

Thanks Patrick!
I gave a quick look in the patches and I think they will help me a lot.