* unable to put RTL8192SU in master mode
@ 2011-01-27 13:31 raghunathan.kailasanathan
From: raghunathan.kailasanathan @ 2011-01-27 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi folks,
I have a USB dongle with realtek 8192SU wireless chipset and am using the 8712u linux driver.

Since this driver is not mac80211 compliant I am using iwconfig to change the mode to "master". Though this
command successfully changes the mode I am unable to connect to this AP from another station, even using
unsecured method. It does not even show up in the station scan list.  Are there some other params I need to
set using iwconfig ?

Or is the 8712u driver not supporting master mode "sufficiently" enough ?...in which case is some latest
driver available for this thing?

Thanks
RK