* ebtables VLAN filtering
@ 2011-02-07  1:43 Jonathan Tripathy
From: Jonathan Tripathy @ 2011-02-07  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi Everyone,

With ebtables, is it possible to filter via the VLAN interface (e.g.
eth0.3 for VLAN3) using the normal -i and -o parameters? I'd like to
filter via the interface rather than using the tag with --vlan-id if
possible

Thanks

* Re: ebtables VLAN filtering
@ 2011-02-07  4:43 ` Grant Taylor
From: Grant Taylor @ 2011-02-07  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mail List - Netfilter

On 2/6/2011 7:43 PM, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
> With ebtables, is it possible to filter via the VLAN interface (e.g.
> eth0.3 for VLAN3) using the normal -i and -o parameters? I'd like to
> filter via the interface rather than using the tag with --vlan-id if
> possible

Yes it is.

(I am currently doing exactly that on a system with 30+ VLAN interfaces.)

It is my (mis)understanding that the --vlan-id is used to match traffic
to/from a specific tagged VLAN on the /raw/ interface.  (I don't know
for sure b/c I never match on the raw interface.  I always use the VLAN
sub-interface.)

Grant. . . .

* Re: ebtables VLAN filtering
@ 2011-02-07  9:24 ` Pascal Hambourg
From: Pascal Hambourg @ 2011-02-07  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hello,

Jonathan Tripathy a écrit :

> With ebtables, is it possible to filter via the VLAN interface (e.g.
> eth0.3 for VLAN3) using the normal -i and -o parameters? I'd like to
> filter via the interface rather than using the tag with --vlan-id if
> possible

It depends whether you added the raw interface eth0 or the VLAN
interface eth0.3 to the bridge. If you added the raw interface eth0,
then the bridge and ebtables should see tagged frames in all VLANs
from/to eth0. If you added the VLAN interface eth0.3, then the bridge
and ebtables should see untagged frames in VLAN 3 from/to eth0.3.