* chromium browser
@ 2011-02-07  4:52 yogesh lal
From: yogesh lal @ 2011-02-07  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

I am new to poky, so don't know it will make any sense or not, but can we
build chromium browser using Poky ?

Thanks

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2011-02-07 12:15 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2011-02-07 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yogesh lal; +Cc: poky

On 02/06/2011 09:52 PM, yogesh lal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to poky, so don't know it will make any sense or not, but can we build chromium browser using Poky ?

What's your target architecture?  Last I checked, only x86 and ARM
are supported.

It can be done, but it's certainly not for the faint of heart :-)

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2011-02-07 12:51   ` embedded.yogesh
From: embedded.yogesh @ 2011-02-07 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

On Monday 07 February 2011 05:45 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 02/06/2011 09:52 PM, yogesh lal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to poky, so don't know it will make any sense or not, but
>> can we build chromium browser using Poky ?
>
> What's your target architecture?  Last I checked, only x86 and ARM
> are supported.
>
> It can be done, but it's certainly not for the faint of heart :-)

I am working on X86 platform. Can you give some initial start up where I
have to look ?

Thanks :)

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2011-02-07 18:23     ` Darren Hart
From: Darren Hart @ 2011-02-07 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: embedded.yogesh; +Cc: poky

On 02/07/2011 04:51 AM, embedded.yogesh wrote:
> On Monday 07 February 2011 05:45 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> On 02/06/2011 09:52 PM, yogesh lal wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am new to poky, so don't know it will make any sense or not, but
>>> can we build chromium browser using Poky ?
>>
>> What's your target architecture? Last I checked, only x86 and ARM
>> are supported.
>>
>> It can be done, but it's certainly not for the faint of heart :-)
>>

> I am working on X86 platform. Can you give some initial start up where I
> have to look ?

Find and download the Chromium source, then have a look at the Poky
Reference Guide for how to create an appropriate recipe, using recipes
for projects with similar source layouts as examples.

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2011-02-07 18:35       ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2011-02-07 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hart; +Cc: poky

On 02/07/2011 11:23 AM, Darren Hart wrote:
> On 02/07/2011 04:51 AM, embedded.yogesh wrote:

>>> What's your target architecture? Last I checked, only x86 and ARM
>>> are supported.
>>>
>>> It can be done, but it's certainly not for the faint of heart :-)
>>>

>> I am working on X86 platform. Can you give some initial start up where I
>> have to look ?
>
> Find and download the Chromium source, then have a look at the Poky Reference Guide for how to create an appropriate recipe, using recipes for projects with similar source layouts
> as examples.
>
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html

Probably a lot easier to start with the OpenEmbedded recipe
since it already works.  The biggest problem is that there
are a ton of dependencies, so you'll need to bring in those
recipes as well.

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2011-02-08  4:02         ` embedded.yogesh
From: embedded.yogesh @ 2011-02-08  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

On Tuesday 08 February 2011 12:05 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 02/07/2011 11:23 AM, Darren Hart wrote:

>>> I am working on X86 platform. Can you give some initial start up
>>> where I
>>> have to look ?
>>
>> Find and download the Chromium source, then have a look at the Poky
>> Reference Guide for how to create an appropriate recipe, using
>> recipes for projects with similar source layouts
>> as examples.
>>
>> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html
>
> Probably a lot easier to start with the OpenEmbedded recipe
> since it already works.  The biggest problem is that there
> are a ton of dependencies, so you'll need to bring in those
> recipes as well.

Thanks Gary Thomas  and Darren Hart ,

I am look in to poky-ref-manual and OpenEmbedded recipes :)

---
Yogesh

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2011-02-21  5:33           ` embedded.yogesh
From: embedded.yogesh @ 2011-02-21  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Hi,

I tried to pull Chrome from OpenEmbedded and also pulled in its deps .
But at the time of building chrome getting following errors can any one
have any idea ?

| + oe_runmake -r BUILDTYPE=Release

| + '[' xmake = x ']'

| + oenote make -e MAKEFLAGS= -r BUILDTYPE=Release

| elease'

| NOTE: make -e MAKEFLAGS= -r BUILDTYPE=Release

| + make -e MAKEFLAGS= -r BUILDTYPE=Release

|   CXX(target) out/Release/obj.target/app_base/ui/base/animation/animation.o

| cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/libpng12" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/gtk-2.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/atk-1.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location

| + echo NOTE: 'make -e MAKEFLAGS= -r BUILDTYPE=Release'

| NOTE: make -e MAKEFLAGS= -r BUILDTYPE=Release

| + make -e MAKEFLAGS= -r BUILDTYPE=Release

|   CXX(target) out/Release/obj.target/app_base/ui/base/animation/animation.o

| cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/libpng12" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/gtk-2.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/atk-1.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| "/usr/include/cairo" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/pango-1.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/glib-2.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/pixman-1" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/freetype2" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/cairo" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/pango-1.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/glib-2.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/pixman-1" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/freetype2" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| : error: include location "/usr/include/directfb" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| make: *** [out/Release/obj.target/app_base/ui/base/animation/animation.o] Error 1

| + die 'oe_runmake failed'

| + oefatal 'oe_runmake failed'

| + echo FATAL: 'oe_runmake failed'

| FATAL: oe_runmake failed

| + exit 1

| cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/directfb" is unsafe for cross-compilation

| make: *** [out/Release/obj.target/app_base/ui/base/animation/animation.o] Error 1

> [...]

Thanks
Yogesh

On Tuesday 08 February 2011 09:32 AM, embedded.yogesh wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 February 2011 12:05 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:

>>> Find and download the Chromium source, then have a look at the Poky
>>> Reference Guide for how to create an appropriate recipe, using
>>> recipes for projects with similar source layouts
>>> as examples.
>>>
>>> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html
>>
>> Probably a lot easier to start with the OpenEmbedded recipe
>> since it already works.  The biggest problem is that there
>> are a ton of dependencies, so you'll need to bring in those
>> recipes as well.
>>

> Thanks Gary Thomas  and Darren Hart ,
>
> I am look in to poky-ref-manual and OpenEmbedded recipes :)
>
> ---
> Yogesh

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2011-02-22 11:13             ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2011-02-22 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: embedded.yogesh; +Cc: poky

Hi,

On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 11:03 +0530, embedded.yogesh wrote:
> I tried to pull Chrome from OpenEmbedded and also pulled in its deps .
> But at the time of building chrome getting following errors can any one
> have any idea ?
>
> | + oe_runmake -r BUILDTYPE=Release
> | + '[' xmake = x ']'
> | + oenote make -e MAKEFLAGS= -r BUILDTYPE=Release
> | elease'
> | NOTE: make -e MAKEFLAGS= -r BUILDTYPE=Release
> | + make -e MAKEFLAGS= -r BUILDTYPE=Release
> |   CXX(target) out/Release/obj.target/app_base/ui/base/animation/animation.o
> | cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
> | cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/libpng12" is unsafe for cross-compilation
> | cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/gtk-2.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation
> | cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include/atk-1.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation
> | cc1plus: error: include location

Its accessing parts of the build system (/usr/include) and the compiler
is turning warnings into errors and failing. You need to fix the build
to use the sysroot for cross compiling and not to look at the build
system.

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2016-03-08  7:03         ` Praveenreddy Padamati
From: Praveenreddy Padamati @ 2016-03-08  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary Thomas', 'Khem Raj'; +Cc: 'bitbake-devel'

Hi all,

My build system has 4gb ram.
And I found many log.do_compile files. Can you tell me which log file I need to see for the core image sato.

Thanks
Praveen Reddy P

From: Gary Thomas @ 2016-03-07 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, Praveenreddy Padamati; +Cc: bitbake-devel

On 2016-03-07 12:05, Khem Raj wrote:
> What is your build machine configuration and look at log.do_cpmpile it might have some info

Also note that depending on your linker choice the build can need a lot of RAM and if your
build machine doesn't have enough you'll spend a lot of time swapping.  I would suggest that
your build host has at least 4GB RAM to build chromium.

> On Mar 7, 2016 5:57 PM, "Praveenreddy Padamati" <praveenreddy.p@hcl.com <mailto:praveenreddy.p@hcl.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Thanks for the reply. It took more than 24 hours and then we stopped it.
>
>     Thanks
>     Praveen Reddy P

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2016-03-07 11:05     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-03-07 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Praveenreddy Padamati; +Cc: bitbake-devel, Gary Thomas

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. It took more than 24 hours and then we stopped it.
>
> Thanks
> Praveen Reddy P

* Re: chromium browser
@ 2016-03-07 10:57   ` Praveenreddy Padamati