* different access rights for oe branches?
@ 2011-02-10 13:34 Steffen Sledz
From: Steffen Sledz @ 2011-02-10 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

We like to create a branch specific for our hipox machine.

Is it possible to define access rights different to the dev-branch here?

We would like to give write access to some of our developers which do not have/need write access do dev. In opposite it would be nice to limit the write access to these maintainers.

Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany

* Re: different access rights for oe branches?
@ 2011-02-10 13:48 ` Chris Larson
From: Chris Larson @ 2011-02-10 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz@dresearch.de> wrote:
> We like to create a branch specific for our hipox machine.
>
> Is it possible to define access rights different to the dev-branch here?
>
> We would like to give write access to some of our developers which do not have/need write access do dev. In opposite it would be nice to limit the write access to these maintainers.

We use gitolite now, which can indeed exert control over branch access
for the users, afaik.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com

* Re: different access rights for oe branches?
@ 2011-02-10 13:55   ` Steffen Sledz
From: Steffen Sledz @ 2011-02-10 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Chris Larson

Am 10.02.2011 14:48, schrieb Chris Larson:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz@dresearch.de> wrote:
>> We like to create a branch specific for our hipox machine.
>>
>> Is it possible to define access rights different to the dev-branch here?
>>
>> We would like to give write access to some of our developers which do not have/need write access do dev. In opposite it would be nice to limit the write access to these maintainers.
>
> We use gitolite now, which can indeed exert control over branch access
> for the users, afaik.

Fine. :)

Who can setup these rights?

Steffen

--

@ 2011-02-10 17:22     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2011-02-10 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Chris Larson

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:55 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz@dresearch.de> wrote:
> Am 10.02.2011 14:48, schrieb Chris Larson:
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz@dresearch.de> wrote:
>>> We like to create a branch specific for our hipox machine.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to define access rights different to the dev-branch here?
>>>
>>> We would like to give write access to some of our developers which do not have/need write access do dev. In opposite it would be nice to limit the write access to these maintainers.
>>
>> We use gitolite now, which can indeed exert control over branch access
>> for the users, afaik.
>
> Fine. :)
>
> Who can setup these rights?

the admins :) create the branch and what sort of access control is
required we can configure that

@ 2011-02-10 17:25 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2011-02-10 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz@dresearch.de> wrote:
> We like to create a branch specific for our hipox machine.
>
> Is it possible to define access rights different to the dev-branch here?
>
> We would like to give write access to some of our developers which do not have/need write access do dev. In opposite it would be nice to limit the write access to these maintainers.

well while its possible to give access to your developers I would
suggest that this branch use a pull based approach where
may be you maintain the branch and your devs submit the changes.

@ 2011-02-11  9:00       ` Steffen Sledz
From: Steffen Sledz @ 2011-02-11  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Chris Larson

@admins: Please create a new branch named "hipox" by branching the "testing-release-2011.03" branch.

Am 10.02.2011 18:25, schrieb Khem Raj:
> well while its possible to give access to your developers I would
> suggest that this branch use a pull based approach where
> may be you maintain the branch and your devs submit the changes.

@khem: Please limit the write access to the new branch to me for the moment. May be we'll extend this to a few other developers/maintainers later.

Thanx,
Steffen

--

@ 2011-02-11 16:58         ` Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2011-02-11 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Chris Larson

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:00 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz@dresearch.de> wrote:

> @admins: Please create a new branch named "hipox" by branching the "testing-release-2011.03" branch.

Done.

> @khem: Please limit the write access to the new branch to me for the moment. May be we'll extend this to a few other developers/maintainers later.

Done, please test if possible (have other accounts try to push), and
let me know if anything is not working correctly.

You have re-wind permissions on this branch so you can back out commits, etc.

Cliff

--
http://bec-systems.com