* [U-Boot] WinCE image load/boot cmd support
@ 2011-02-10 10:13 Andy Pont
From: Andy Pont @ 2011-02-10 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello!

Does anyone know what happened to the patches for loading and booting
Windows CE image suggested here:

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2008-August/039202.html

Did they get included and have subsequently been removed from U-Boot or did
they never make it into the mainline code?

Thanks and regards,

Andy.

* [U-Boot] WinCE image load/boot cmd support
@ 2011-02-10 10:19 ` Graeme Russ
From: Graeme Russ @ 2011-02-10 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 10/02/11 21:13, Andy Pont wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Does anyone know what happened to the patches for loading and booting
> Windows CE image suggested here:
>
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2008-August/039202.html
>
> Did they get included and have subsequently been removed from U-Boot or did
> they never make it into the mainline code?

I doubt it. The fact that it used the GPL incompatible BSD license (the one
with 'obnoxious advertising' clause) probably didn't help ;)

Regards,

Graeme

* [U-Boot] WinCE image load/boot cmd support
@ 2011-02-10 14:26   ` Andy Pont
From: Andy Pont @ 2011-02-10 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Graeme wrote...

> > Did they get included and have subsequently been removed from U-Boot or
did
> > they never make it into the mainline code?
> >

> I doubt it. The fact that it used the GPL incompatible BSD license (the
one
> with 'obnoxious advertising' clause) probably didn't help ;)

If they were rewritten to fit in with the ethos and licensing of U-Boot is
it something that would be a worthwhile addition?

Andy.

* [U-Boot] WinCE image load/boot cmd support
@ 2011-02-10 14:44     ` Michael Trimarchi
From: Michael Trimarchi @ 2011-02-10 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 02/10/2011 03:26 PM, Andy Pont wrote:
> Graeme wrote...
>
>>> Did they get included and have subsequently been removed from U-Boot or
> did
>>> they never make it into the mainline code?
>>>

>> I doubt it. The fact that it used the GPL incompatible BSD license (the
> one
>> with 'obnoxious advertising' clause) probably didn't help ;)
>
> If they were rewritten to fit in with the ethos and licensing of U-Boot is
> it something that would be a worthwhile addition?

I have rewritten them, but they are lack of same part. Physical, Virtual mapping
and parameter passing

Michael

@ 2011-02-10 16:24       ` Andy Pont
From: Andy Pont @ 2011-02-10 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Michael wrote...

> > If they were rewritten to fit in with the ethos and licensing of U- Boot
is
> > it something that would be a worthwhile addition?
>
> I have rewritten them, but they are lack of same part. Physical, Virtual
mapping
> and parameter passing

Are you prepared to share them and I will see if I can figure out how to add
the support that is missing.

Thanks and regards,

Andy.

* [U-Boot] WinCE image load/boot cmd support
@ 2011-02-10 17:52         ` Michael Trimarchi
From: Michael Trimarchi @ 2011-02-10 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

hi

On 02/10/2011 05:24 PM, Andy Pont wrote:
> Michael wrote...
>
>>> If they were rewritten to fit in with the ethos and licensing of U- Boot
> is
>>> it something that would be a worthwhile addition?
>>
>> I have rewritten them, but they are lack of same part. Physical, Virtual
> mapping
>> and parameter passing

I'm working for a company for winCe device, and I'm taking care of uboot part of it.
I will send the patches after the end of mobile congress,

> Are you prepared to share them and I will see if I can figure out how to add
> the support that is missing.

Yes I will share. Let me finish, and clean-up them ;)

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Andy.

Michael