* bios upgrade for blacksand with N450 ?
@ 2011-02-13 21:27 Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2011-02-13 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

I got one of the blacksand boards with N450 that were given away at
the ELC, and I am wondering if there happens to be a bios upgrade for
it (or at least make the bios a little bit less chatty and faster
starting).
Anyone any idea?

Thanks! Frans

* Re: bios upgrade for blacksand with N450 ?
@ 2011-02-14 17:31 ` Darren Hart
From: Darren Hart @ 2011-02-14 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frans Meulenbroeks; +Cc: yocto

On 02/13/2011 01:27 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got one of the blacksand boards with N450 that were given away at
> the ELC, and I am wondering if there happens to be a bios upgrade for
> it (or at least make the bios a little bit less chatty and faster
> starting).
> Anyone any idea?

Looking into it.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center

* Re: bios upgrade for blacksand with N450 ?
@ 2011-07-20 21:06   ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2011-07-20 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hart; +Cc: yocto

2011/2/14 Darren Hart <dvhart@linux.intel.com>

> On 02/13/2011 01:27 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I got one of the blacksand boards with N450 that were given away at
>> the ELC, and I am wondering if there happens to be a bios upgrade for
>> it (or at least make the bios a little bit less chatty and faster
>> starting).
>> Anyone any idea?
>>

> Looking into it.
>
> --
> Darren Hart
> Intel Open Source Technology Center
> Yocto Project - Linux Kernel

Darren

I waswwondering if a newer bios has become available I haven't heard back
from you after the above mail and I haven't found a newer bios myself (but
maybe I looked at the wrong places). The one I got with the board is way too
verbose making the boot take way too long, causing the board to be used only
rarely.

@ 2011-07-20 23:27     ` Darren Hart
From: Darren Hart @ 2011-07-20 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frans Meulenbroeks; +Cc: yocto

Hi Frans,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you. I did ask, and unfortunately
there is currently not a less noisy BIOS available for the Blacksand.
I will forward your email and feedback to my internal contacts for this
board and will be sure to let you know if I hear back from them.

Thanks,

Darren