* Get/set Sensitivity for a radio?
@ 2011-02-15 20:27 Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2011-02-15 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hello!

I'm having no luck finding where sensitivity is set in
net/mac80211.  Anyone know something to grep for?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>

* Re: Get/set Sensitivity for a radio?
@ 2011-02-15 20:28 ` wwguy
From: wwguy @ 2011-02-15 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: linux-wireless

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 12:27 -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm having no luck finding where sensitivity is set in
> net/mac80211.  Anyone know something to grep for?

I am not sure mac80211 deal with sensitivity if it's what you referring
(at least not I am aware of).

in iwlwifi, driver and uCode take care of sensitivity calibration.

Wey

* Re: Get/set Sensitivity for a radio?
@ 2011-02-15 20:43   ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2011-02-15 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wwguy; +Cc: linux-wireless

On 02/15/2011 12:28 PM, wwguy wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 12:27 -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I'm having no luck finding where sensitivity is set in
>> net/mac80211.  Anyone know something to grep for?
>>
> I am not sure mac80211 deal with sensitivity if it's what you referring
> (at least not I am aware of).
>
> in iwlwifi, driver and uCode take care of sensitivity calibration.

I'm messing with ath9k mostly.  Just trying to probe some values
for reporting as of now.  In the old days, seems you could
set the sensitivity for madwifi though..could help in some
cases...

Thanks,
Ben

--

@ 2011-02-15 21:24     ` Felix Fietkau
From: Felix Fietkau @ 2011-02-15 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: wwguy, linux-wireless

On 2011-02-15 9:43 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 02/15/2011 12:28 PM, wwguy wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 12:27 -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I'm having no luck finding where sensitivity is set in
>>> net/mac80211.  Anyone know something to grep for?
>>>
>> I am not sure mac80211 deal with sensitivity if it's what you referring
>> (at least not I am aware of).
>>
>> in iwlwifi, driver and uCode take care of sensitivity calibration.
>
> I'm messing with ath9k mostly.  Just trying to probe some values
> for reporting as of now.  In the old days, seems you could
> set the sensitivity for madwifi though..could help in some
> cases...
It doesn't make sense to try to add a single 'sensitivity' knob. There
are many different radio parameters that are related to that, some
calibrated, some configured - madwifi never had anything useful for that
either.

- Felix

* Re: Get/set Sensitivity for a radio?
@ 2011-02-15 21:50       ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2011-02-15 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Fietkau; +Cc: wwguy, linux-wireless

On 02/15/2011 01:24 PM, Felix Fietkau wrote:
> On 2011-02-15 9:43 PM, Ben Greear wrote:

>>> I am not sure mac80211 deal with sensitivity if it's what you referring
>>> (at least not I am aware of).
>>>
>>> in iwlwifi, driver and uCode take care of sensitivity calibration.
>>
>> I'm messing with ath9k mostly.  Just trying to probe some values
>> for reporting as of now.  In the old days, seems you could
>> set the sensitivity for madwifi though..could help in some
>> cases...
> It doesn't make sense to try to add a single 'sensitivity' knob. There
> are many different radio parameters that are related to that, some
> calibrated, some configured - madwifi never had anything useful for that
> either.

Ok, thanks.

If you happen to know some of the related tunables, I'd like
to take a look at them, at least.

Thanks,
Ben

--