* SC16is752 I2c driver
@ 2011-02-22 14:28 Pete Murray
From: Pete Murray @ 2011-02-22 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-serial

Hello,

I wrote an I2C  driver for the SC16is752 dual Uart chip, I see there is
an SPI version now.  There was no SPI version when I was developing, if
there was I would have tried to add I2C support to that driver instead.
Is this something I should post for review, or should I work on adding
support to the existing SPI version?

Thanks
Pete

* Re: SC16is752 I2c driver
@ 2011-02-22 22:05 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2011-02-22 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pete Murray; +Cc: linux-serial

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 09:28:26AM -0500, Pete Murray wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote an I2C  driver for the SC16is752 dual Uart chip, I see there
> is an SPI version now.  There was no SPI version when I was
> developing, if there was I would have tried to add I2C support to
> that driver instead.  Is this something I should post for review, or
> should I work on adding support to the existing SPI version?

Try adding support to the SPI version, it might be simpler.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: SC16is752 I2c driver
@ 2011-02-23  7:31 ` Thomas Weber
From: Thomas Weber @ 2011-02-23  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Pete Murray, linux-serial, Manuel Stahl

Hello Manuel,

Am 22.02.2011 15:28, schrieb Pete Murray:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote an I2C  driver for the SC16is752 dual Uart chip, I see there is
> an SPI version now.  There was no SPI version when I was developing, if
> there was I would have tried to add I2C support to that driver instead.
> Is this something I should post for review, or should I work on adding
> support to the existing SPI version?
> Thanks
> Pete

do you have an updated version of your SC16IS752 driver, so that Pete
can add his I2C part?

Regards,
Thomas

* Re: SC16is752 I2c driver
@ 2011-02-23  8:15   ` Manuel Stahl
From: Manuel Stahl @ 2011-02-23  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Weber; +Cc: Pete Murray, linux-serial

On 23.02.2011 08:31, Thomas Weber wrote:
> Hello Manuel,
>
> Am 22.02.2011 15:28, schrieb Pete Murray:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wrote an I2C  driver for the SC16is752 dual Uart chip, I see there is
>> an SPI version now.  There was no SPI version when I was developing, if
>> there was I would have tried to add I2C support to that driver instead.
>> Is this something I should post for review, or should I work on adding
>> support to the existing SPI version?
>> Thanks
>> Pete
>>

> do you have an updated version of your SC16IS752 driver, so that Pete
> can add his I2C part?

My latest version is the one from 7th February 2011 that was posted on
linux-serial.

Manuel Stahl
Fraunhofer-Institut IIS
Leistungsoptimierte Systeme