* newbie question: location of frame buffer driver for imx27
@ 2011-02-16  8:58 Jürgen Lambrecht
From: Jürgen Lambrecht @ 2011-02-16  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hello,

we have the Freescale IMX27-PDK demo kit. Along with it, we got the
source code for the linux kernel version 2.6.22, and a lot of patches.
Also for the video part, there are a lot of patches, creating a
/drivers/video/mxc subdirectory.
In the linux sources 2.6.37, I only find 2 files: mx3fb.c (imx3x i
guess) and imxfb.c.
When we try to compile linux for the imx27 (with the latest ltib) there
are no framebuffers under devices.

Do I still need to patch linux/drivers/video for the imx27, or should it
work fine like it is?
(and if so, what do I do wrong ;-)

Kind regards,
Juergen

--
J?rgen Lambrecht
R&D Associate

* newbie question: location of frame buffer driver for imx27
@ 2011-02-16 15:27 ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2011-02-16 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi J?rgen,

2011/2/16 J?rgen Lambrecht <J.Lambrecht@televic.com>:
> Hello,
>
> we have the Freescale IMX27-PDK demo kit. Along with it, we got the source
> code for the linux kernel version 2.6.22, and a lot of patches.
> Also for the video part, there are a lot of patches, creating a
> /drivers/video/mxc subdirectory.
> In the linux sources 2.6.37, I only find 2 files: mx3fb.c (imx3x i guess)
> and imxfb.c.
> When we try to compile linux for the imx27 (with the latest ltib) there are
> no framebuffers under devices.
>
> Do I still need to patch linux/drivers/video for the imx27, or should it
> work fine like it is?
> (and if so, what do I do wrong ;-)

Framebuffer support for MX27 is available at: drivers/video/imxfb.c

You can also take a look at arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-mx27ads.c to see an
example of a MX27 based board with framebuffer support.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

* newbie question: location of frame buffer driver for imx27
@ 2011-02-23 17:05 ` Julien Boibessot
From: Julien Boibessot @ 2011-02-23 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi J?rgen,

J?rgen Lambrecht a ?crit :

> In the linux sources 2.6.37, I only find 2 files: mx3fb.c (imx3x i
> guess) and imxfb.c.
In vanilla/mainline kernel, imxfb.c handles both MX1 and MX2 LCD
controllers.

Regards,
Julien