* [Buildroot] Conditional patches (php package)
@ 2011-03-07 19:42 Daniele Salvatore Albano - Lavoro
From: Daniele Salvatore Albano - Lavoro @ 2011-03-07 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi to all,

i'm trying to add support for php 5.3(.5), mantaining the ability to
compile php 5.2(.17) for compatibility reasons.

The main problem is a patch that is in php 5.3.5 sources but not in
5.2.17 sources so it needed to be applied conditionally.

The, only one, patch is
php-5.2.16-fix-build-when-__GMP_BITS_PER_MP_LIMB-is-not-defined.patch
and it seems related to an extension (gmp in the name).

Can someone give me an hint?

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Daniele

Daniele Salvatore Albano                | web site:
  IT Consultant                          | http://www.daccii.it
  Website Design and Development         |
  Software Engineer and Developer        | e-mail:
  Linux Servers SetUp And Administration | info at daccii.it
  Embedded Network Solutions             | d.albano at gmail.com

Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in
questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario.
Qualora il messaggio in parola Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La
invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo e a non inoltrarlo a terzi,
dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie.
Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, you are hereby informed
that this message contains confidential information intended only for
the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, and have
received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately
notify us. You may not copy or disseminate this message to anyone. Thank
you.

* [Buildroot] Conditional patches (php package)
@ 2011-03-07 20:02 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2011-03-07 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 20:42:28 +0100
Daniele Salvatore Albano - Lavoro <info@daccii.it> wrote:

> i'm trying to add support for php 5.3(.5), mantaining the ability to
> compile php 5.2(.17) for compatibility reasons.
>
> The main problem is a patch that is in php 5.3.5 sources but not in
> 5.2.17 sources so it needed to be applied conditionally.
>
> The, only one, patch is
> php-5.2.16-fix-build-when-__GMP_BITS_PER_MP_LIMB-is-not-defined.patch
> and it seems related to an extension (gmp in the name).
>
> Can someone give me an hint?

The package infrastructure has the following behaviour :

 *) If there are patches named <pkg>-<pkgversion>*.patch, then they are
    applied, and only those are applied.

 *) Otherwise, patches named <pkg>*.patch are applied, as well as
    exists.

See the $(BUILD_DIR)/%/.stamp_patched: target in
package/Makefile.package.in for more details.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Conditional patches (php package)
@ 2011-04-12 17:03 ` Gustavo Zacarias
From: Gustavo Zacarias @ 2011-04-12 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 03/07/11 16:42, Daniele Salvatore Albano - Lavoro wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> i'm trying to add support for php 5.3(.5), mantaining the ability to
> compile php 5.2(.17) for compatibility reasons.
>
> The main problem is a patch that is in php 5.3.5 sources but not in
> 5.2.17 sources so it needed to be applied conditionally.
>
> The, only one, patch is
> php-5.2.16-fix-build-when-__GMP_BITS_PER_MP_LIMB-is-not-defined.patch
> and it seems related to an extension (gmp in the name).
>
> Can someone give me an hint?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniele

Hi Daniele.
Did you move forward with the php bump?
I wouldn't mind dropping the 5.2 series for two reasons:

* We don't need to maintain any compatibility
* Upstream EOL - no more security updates

So i'd say just go forward with 5.3.x...
Regards.

* [Buildroot] Conditional patches (php package)
@ 2011-04-12 17:22   ` Daniele Salvatore Albano
From: Daniele Salvatore Albano @ 2011-04-12 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Il 12/04/2011 19:03, Gustavo Zacarias ha scritto:
 > Hi Daniele.
 > Did you move forward with the php bump?
 > I wouldn't mind dropping the 5.2 series for two reasons:
 >
 > * We don't need to maintain any compatibility
 > * Upstream EOL - no more security updates
 >
 > So i'd say just go forward with 5.3.x...
 > Regards.

Yes i bumped it, but i didn't posted the patch yet because i need to fix
some stuff i was working on (not related to php) to send some patches.

While support only php 5.3 would be "wonderful", i think that support
php 5.2 isin't bad because a lot of old code doesn't work well with php 5.3

Daniele Salvatore Albano                | web site:
  IT Consultant                          | http://www.itechcon.it