* crda fails to compile
@ 2011-04-15  9:56 Alex
From: Alex @ 2011-04-15  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi,

the last couple of days i've beeen trying to compile crda on my linux
box (gentoo) without success.

I've downloaded crda-1.1.1, and i've installed all the requirements as
described in the README file.

However, when i run make i get the following error:

GEN  keys-gcrypt.c
   Trusted pubkeys: pubkeys/linville.key.pub.pem
   File "./utils/key2pub.py", line 6
     except ImportError, e:
                       ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
make: *** [keys-gcrypt.c] Error 1

Any help would be appreciated,

Alex

* Re: crda fails to compile
@ 2011-04-16 18:49 ` Calvin Walton
From: Calvin Walton @ 2011-04-16 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex; +Cc: linux-wireless

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 12:56 +0300, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the last couple of days i've beeen trying to compile crda on my linux
> box (gentoo) without success.
>
> I've downloaded crda-1.1.1, and i've installed all the requirements as
> described in the README file.
>
> However, when i run make i get the following error:
>
> GEN  keys-gcrypt.c
>    Trusted pubkeys: pubkeys/linville.key.pub.pem
>    File "./utils/key2pub.py", line 6
>      except ImportError, e:
>                        ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> make: *** [keys-gcrypt.c] Error 1
>

> Any help would be appreciated,

My guess is that your system installation of python (/usr/bin/python) is
actually python-3 instead of python-2. The two versions are
incompatible: a python-2 script won't run on python-3 without porting.

On gentoo you can switch your default python version back to 2 by
running the commands:

# eselect python list
Available Python interpreters:
  [1]   python2.7
  [2]   python3.1 *
# eselect python set 1

Also note that gentoo has a crda package available which you could use
instead (I'd recommend this if you're not trying to develop crda):

emerge net-wireless/crda

Hope that helps.
--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@kepstin.ca>

* Re: crda fails to compile
@ 2011-04-18  8:57   ` Alex
From: Alex @ 2011-04-18  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Calvin Walton; +Cc: linux-wireless

On 16/4/2011 9:49 μμ, Calvin Walton wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 12:56 +0300, Alex wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the last couple of days i've beeen trying to compile crda on my linux
>> box (gentoo) without success.
>>
>> I've downloaded crda-1.1.1, and i've installed all the requirements as
>> described in the README file.
>>
>> However, when i run make i get the following error:
>>
>> GEN  keys-gcrypt.c
>>     Trusted pubkeys: pubkeys/linville.key.pub.pem
>>     File "./utils/key2pub.py", line 6
>>       except ImportError, e:
>>                         ^
>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>> make: *** [keys-gcrypt.c] Error 1
>>

>> Any help would be appreciated,
> My guess is that your system installation of python (/usr/bin/python) is
> actually python-3 instead of python-2. The two versions are
> incompatible: a python-2 script won't run on python-3 without porting.
>
> On gentoo you can switch your default python version back to 2 by
> running the commands:
>
> # eselect python list
> Available Python interpreters:
>    [1]   python2.7
>    [2]   python3.1 *
> # eselect python set 1
>
> Also note that gentoo has a crda package available which you could use
> instead (I'd recommend this if you're not trying to develop crda):
>
> emerge net-wireless/crda
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks it works now!

Alex