* Testing Linux-CR
@ 2011-05-12  5:41 Raghu D K
       [not found] ` <BANLkTimLScFNe0POGBoQ8xD1OK=0OBiesA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Raghu D K @ 2011-05-12  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: containers-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA

Dear All,

I have cloned the following projects:
linux-cr.git
tests-cr.git
user-cr.git

I have been successfully able to compile and boot of the Linux-2.6.37
kernel. I am also able to build the library and test tools under the
"tests-cr" and "user-cr" projects.

However when I run the "ckpt" application from "/tests-cr/simple"
folder I get an error in "/tmp/cr-test.out" stating checkpoint
function not implemented.

I am not sure if the "__NR_checkpoint" syscall has been implemented.

Is there any documentation to refer or any clues to test this.

Warm Regards,
Raghu

* Re: Testing Linux-CR
       [not found] ` <BANLkTimLScFNe0POGBoQ8xD1OK=0OBiesA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-05-12 22:15   ` Serge E. Hallyn
       [not found]     ` <20110512221554.GA17723-7LNsyQBKDXoIagZqoN9o3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Serge E. Hallyn @ 2011-05-12 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raghu D K; +Cc: containers-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA

Quoting Raghu D K (dk.raghu-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org):
> Dear All,
>
> I have cloned the following projects:
> linux-cr.git
> tests-cr.git
> user-cr.git

Hi Raghu, glad you're giving it a shot.

Oren, linux-cr.org doesn't show these trees any more?

> I have been successfully able to compile and boot of the Linux-2.6.37
> kernel. I am also able to build the library and test tools under the
> "tests-cr" and "user-cr" projects.
>
> However when I run the "ckpt" application from "/tests-cr/simple"
> folder I get an error in "/tmp/cr-test.out" stating checkpoint
> function not implemented.
>
> I am not sure if the "__NR_checkpoint" syscall has been implemented.
>
> Is there any documentation to refer or any clues to test this.

You'll need to do 'make menuconfig', and make sure to set
CONFIG_CHECKPOINT=y.  See documentation under
linux-cr/Documentation/checkpoint as well.

Are you on standard amd64 or i386 architecture?

thanks,
-serge

* Re: Testing Linux-CR
       [not found]     ` <20110512221554.GA17723-7LNsyQBKDXoIagZqoN9o3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-05-13 22:37       ` Oren Laadan
       [not found]         ` <4DCDB2B1.9020608-eQaUEPhvms7ENvBUuze7eA@public.gmane.org>
From: Oren Laadan @ 2011-05-13 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serge E. Hallyn; +Cc: containers-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA

On 05/12/2011 06:15 PM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Raghu D K (dk.raghu-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org):
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have cloned the following projects:
>> linux-cr.git
>> tests-cr.git
>> user-cr.git
>
> Hi Raghu, glad you're giving it a shot.
>
> Oren, linux-cr.org doesn't show these trees any more?

It was broken for a bit.
But the correct link is: http://www.linux-cr.org/git

>> I have been successfully able to compile and boot of the Linux-2.6.37
>> kernel. I am also able to build the library and test tools under the
>> "tests-cr" and "user-cr" projects.
>>
>> However when I run the "ckpt" application from "/tests-cr/simple"
>> folder I get an error in "/tmp/cr-test.out" stating checkpoint
>> function not implemented.
>>
>> I am not sure if the "__NR_checkpoint" syscall has been implemented.
>>
>> Is there any documentation to refer or any clues to test this.
>
> You'll need to do 'make menuconfig', and make sure to set
> CONFIG_CHECKPOINT=y.  See documentation under
> linux-cr/Documentation/checkpoint as well.

I suspect it is because the cr.h header in tests-cr has not been
updated in the past year (I manually fixed it here...). I'll send
a patch promptly.

Oren.

* Re: Testing Linux-CR
       [not found]         ` <4DCDB2B1.9020608-eQaUEPhvms7ENvBUuze7eA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-05-16 18:05           ` Oren Laadan
From: Oren Laadan @ 2011-05-16 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serge E. Hallyn; +Cc: containers-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA

On 05/13/2011 06:37 PM, Oren Laadan wrote:

> On 05/12/2011 06:15 PM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
>> Quoting Raghu D K (dk.raghu-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org):
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I have cloned the following projects:
>>> linux-cr.git
>>> tests-cr.git
>>> user-cr.git
>>
>> Hi Raghu, glad you're giving it a shot.
>>
>> Oren, linux-cr.org doesn't show these trees any more?
>
> It was broken for a bit.
> But the correct link is: http://www.linux-cr.org/git
>

>>> I have been successfully able to compile and boot of the Linux-2.6.37
>>> kernel. I am also able to build the library and test tools under the
>>> "tests-cr" and "user-cr" projects.
>>>
>>> However when I run the "ckpt" application from "/tests-cr/simple"
>>> folder I get an error in "/tmp/cr-test.out" stating checkpoint
>>> function not implemented.
>>>
>>> I am not sure if the "__NR_checkpoint" syscall has been implemented.
>>>
>>> Is there any documentation to refer or any clues to test this.
>>
>> You'll need to do 'make menuconfig', and make sure to set
>> CONFIG_CHECKPOINT=y.  See documentation under
>> linux-cr/Documentation/checkpoint as well.
>
> I suspect it is because the cr.h header in tests-cr has not been
> updated in the past year (I manually fixed it here...). I'll send
> a patch promptly.

Actually, in the meanwhile you can do (in tests-cr):

./rewrite-cr-headers.sh -s PATH_TO_LINUX-CR > cr.h
make clean; make

I'll push a fix soon.

Oren.