* Project status
@ 2011-05-18  1:53 Bostjan Skufca
       [not found] ` <BANLkTi=jN+LbygKQfUeneytfKXa_LovEqw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Bostjan Skufca @ 2011-05-18  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi,

I've just sumbled upon this project and noticed that mail quantity has
decreased significantly in Jan/Feb. Is this project still alive and if
so, what is current status?

Best regards,
b.

* Re: Project status
       [not found] ` <BANLkTi=jN+LbygKQfUeneytfKXa_LovEqw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-05-20  1:11   ` Kent Overstreet
From: Kent Overstreet @ 2011-05-20  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bostjan Skufca; +Cc: linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On 05/17/2011 06:53 PM, Bostjan Skufca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just sumbled upon this project and noticed that mail quantity has
> decreased significantly in Jan/Feb. Is this project still alive and if
> so, what is current status?

Heh. It's alive, I got hired by Google :) I'm still working on bcache
full time, I was actually planning on posting a new version tonight if I
get the documentation updated...

> Best regards,
> b.

* Re: Project Status
@ 2012-12-19 20:43     ` Aaron W.  Hsu
From: Aaron W.  Hsu @ 2012-12-19 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Kent Overstreet wrote:

> My original plan was to try to get bcache into staging as soon as I got
> all the block layer improvements in that the dev branch depends on, but
> as I've been slacking on that I think I may try to see if I can get the
> stable branch forward ported and self contained enough that it can go
> into staging. I should have time for that pretty soon, I think.

Thank you for the update, I look forward to trying this out on my machines!

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide-5nC73gNclPNzbRFIqnYvSA@public.gmane.org | http://www.sacrideo.us
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.

* Re: Project Status
@ 2012-12-18 19:05   ` Kent Overstreet
From: Kent Overstreet @ 2012-12-18 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron W.  Hsu; +Cc: linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 04:00:13PM -0500, Aaron W.  Hsu wrote:
> Andrew Thrift wrote:
>
> > I have noticed a slowdown in GIT commits, no updates to the bcache
> > website since July and no mailing list activity since mid November.
> >
> > Is this project being actively developed ?
> >
> > A while back, there were talks of bcache becoming part of the mainline
> > Kernel.  Is this still happening ?
>
> I would also like to bump this. I have wanted to play with and incorporate
> bcache into my installations for a while, but things seemed to be in a
> constant state of flux, and I was hoping that bcache would end up in the
> mainline Linux kernel by now, but I haven't found any word as to what is
> happening on that front.
>
> I would love to know what the state of things is. It's hard for me to know
> what kernels bcache can be used for, how to use it, and the status of
> integration into the mainline kernel.

Sorry for the slow response. Things have slowed down lately as I've been
getting pulled off to help with other projects, and I've been slacking
on getting it upstream but I'm still working on it.

On the up side, the stable branch isn't in flux and is being actively
deployed, and it's been receiving only bug fixes.

I've been chasing bugs in the dev branch for the past couple days though
:p

@ 2012-12-16 21:00 ` Aaron W.  Hsu
From: Aaron W.  Hsu @ 2012-12-16 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Andrew Thrift wrote:

> I have noticed a slowdown in GIT commits, no updates to the bcache
> website since July and no mailing list activity since mid November.
>
> Is this project being actively developed ?
>
> A while back, there were talks of bcache becoming part of the mainline
> Kernel.  Is this still happening ?

I would also like to bump this. I have wanted to play with and incorporate
bcache into my installations for a while, but things seemed to be in a
constant state of flux, and I was hoping that bcache would end up in the
mainline Linux kernel by now, but I haven't found any word as to what is
happening on that front.

I would love to know what the state of things is. It's hard for me to know
what kernels bcache can be used for, how to use it, and the status of
integration into the mainline kernel.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide-5nC73gNclPNzbRFIqnYvSA@public.gmane.org | http://www.sacrideo.us
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.

* Project Status
@ 2012-12-16 20:40 Andrew Thrift