* GENERIC_HARDIRQS does anyone have a platform that doesn't enable this?
@ 2011-05-20  8:43 Jonathan Cameron
From: Jonathan Cameron @ 2011-05-20  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio

Hi All,

Just occurred to me whilst reading some other patches that technically
we now depend on CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS

Just wondering if anyone knows of a platform to build tests on
that doesn't have this?

Thanks,

Jonathan

* RE: GENERIC_HARDIRQS does anyone have a platform that doesn't enable this?
@ 2011-05-20  9:09 ` Hennerich, Michael
From: Hennerich, Michael @ 2011-05-20  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Cameron, linux-iio; +Cc: device-drivers-devel

Jonathan Cameron wrote on 2011-05-20:
> Hi All,
>
> Just occurred to me whilst reading some other patches that technically
> we now depend on CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows of a platform to build tests on that
> doesn't have this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

michael@mhenner-D03:~/devel/git/staging-2.6/arch$ grep -R HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS */Kconfig
alpha/Kconfig:  select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
arm/Kconfig:    select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
avr32/Kconfig:  select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
blackfin/Kconfig:       select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
cris/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
frv/Kconfig:    select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
h8300/Kconfig:  select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
ia64/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
m32r/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
m68k/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS if !MMU
microblaze/Kconfig:     select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
mips/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
mn10300/Kconfig:        select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
parisc/Kconfig: select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
powerpc/Kconfig:        select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
score/Kconfig:       select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
sh/Kconfig:     select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
sparc/Kconfig:  select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
tile/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
unicore32/Kconfig:      select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
x86/Kconfig:    select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
xtensa/Kconfig: select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS

michael@mhenner-D03:~/devel/git/staging-2.6/arch$ grep -R -L HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS */Kconfig
s390/Kconfig

Greetings,
Michael

--
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen; Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 40368; Geschaeftsfuehrer:Dr.Carsten Suckrow, Thomas Wessel, William A. Martin, Margaret Seif

* Re: GENERIC_HARDIRQS does anyone have a platform that doesn't enable this?
@ 2011-05-20  9:41   ` Jonathan Cameron
From: Jonathan Cameron @ 2011-05-20  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hennerich, Michael; +Cc: linux-iio, device-drivers-devel

On 05/20/11 10:09, Hennerich, Michael wrote:
> Jonathan Cameron wrote on 2011-05-20:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just occurred to me whilst reading some other patches that technically
>> we now depend on CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone knows of a platform to build tests on that
>> doesn't have this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jonathan
>
> michael@mhenner-D03:~/devel/git/staging-2.6/arch$ grep -R HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS */Kconfig
> alpha/Kconfig:  select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> arm/Kconfig:    select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> avr32/Kconfig:  select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> blackfin/Kconfig:       select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> cris/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> frv/Kconfig:    select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> h8300/Kconfig:  select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> ia64/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> m32r/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> m68k/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS if !MMU
> microblaze/Kconfig:     select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> mips/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> mn10300/Kconfig:        select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> parisc/Kconfig: select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> powerpc/Kconfig:        select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> score/Kconfig:       select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> sh/Kconfig:     select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> sparc/Kconfig:  select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> tile/Kconfig:   select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> unicore32/Kconfig:      select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> x86/Kconfig:    select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
> xtensa/Kconfig: select HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
>

> michael@mhenner-D03:~/devel/git/staging-2.6/arch$ grep -R -L HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS */Kconfig
> s390/Kconfig
Good point...  An s390 is blocked anyway in the Kconfig file so we are fine.