* I just wondering how to set shutter or aperture value in uvc driver.
@ 2011-05-25  6:49 Kim, HeungJun
From: Kim, HeungJun @ 2011-05-25  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media, Laurent Pinchart

Hi Laurent,

I try to add the more exposure methods of the M-5MOLS driver. Currently,
the only 2 exposure type are available in the M-5MOLS driver -
V4L2_EXPOSURE_AUTO, V4L2_EXPOSURE_MANUAL. But, the HW is capable to

So, I found the only UVC driver looks like using extra enumerations
V4L2_EXPOSURE_SHUTTER_PRIORITY, V4L2_EXPOSURE_APERTURE_PRIORITY.
But, I don't know how to set the each value in the each mode.

The way pointed the specific value is only one - V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE_ABSOLUTE.
So, how can I set the specific value at the each mode?

Regards,
Heungjun Kim

* Re: I just wondering how to set shutter or aperture value in uvc driver.
@ 2011-05-25  6:50 ` Kim, HeungJun
From: Kim, HeungJun @ 2011-05-25  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: riverful.kim; +Cc: linux-media, Laurent Pinchart

missing. sorry :)

2011-05-25 오후 3:49, Kim, HeungJun 쓴 글:
> Hi Laurent,
>
> I try to add the more exposure methods of the M-5MOLS driver. Currently,
> the only 2 exposure type are available in the M-5MOLS driver -
> V4L2_EXPOSURE_AUTO, V4L2_EXPOSURE_MANUAL. But, the HW is capable to

the HW is capable to shutter, aperture exposure value, of course auto exposure.

@ 2011-05-25 11:17 ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2011-05-25 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: riverful.kim; +Cc: linux-media

Hi Heungjun,

On Wednesday 25 May 2011 08:49:31 Kim, HeungJun wrote:
> Hi Laurent,
>
> I try to add the more exposure methods of the M-5MOLS driver. Currently,
> the only 2 exposure type are available in the M-5MOLS driver -
> V4L2_EXPOSURE_AUTO, V4L2_EXPOSURE_MANUAL. But, the HW is capable to shutter,
> aperture exposure value, of course auto exposure.
> So, I found the only UVC driver looks like using extra enumerations
> V4L2_EXPOSURE_SHUTTER_PRIORITY, V4L2_EXPOSURE_APERTURE_PRIORITY.
> But, I don't know how to set the each value in the each mode.
>
> The way pointed the specific value is only one -
> V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE_ABSOLUTE. So, how can I set the specific value at the
> each mode?

You can control the aperture using the V4L2_CID_IRIS_ABSOLUTE control. See
http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/extended-controls.html#camera-
controls for more information regarding the exposure and iris controls.

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: I just wondering how to set shutter or aperture value in uvc driver.
@ 2011-05-25 11:30   ` Kim, HeungJun
From: Kim, HeungJun @ 2011-05-25 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Pinchart; +Cc: linux-media

Hi Laurent,

2011-05-25 오후 8:17, Laurent Pinchart 쓴 글:
> Hi Heungjun,
>
> On Wednesday 25 May 2011 08:49:31 Kim, HeungJun wrote:
>> Hi Laurent,
>>
>> I try to add the more exposure methods of the M-5MOLS driver. Currently,
>> the only 2 exposure type are available in the M-5MOLS driver -
>> V4L2_EXPOSURE_AUTO, V4L2_EXPOSURE_MANUAL. But, the HW is capable to shutter,
>> aperture exposure value, of course auto exposure.
>> So, I found the only UVC driver looks like using extra enumerations
>> V4L2_EXPOSURE_SHUTTER_PRIORITY, V4L2_EXPOSURE_APERTURE_PRIORITY.
>> But, I don't know how to set the each value in the each mode.
>>
>> The way pointed the specific value is only one -
>> V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE_ABSOLUTE. So, how can I set the specific value at the
>> each mode?
>
> You can control the aperture using the V4L2_CID_IRIS_ABSOLUTE control. See
> http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/extended-controls.html#camera-
> controls for more information regarding the exposure and iris controls.

Thanks for response, and I could understand this!
Sorry for pre-checking documents. :)

Regards,
Heungjun Kim