* FW: problem in LIC_FILES_CHKSUM
       [not found] <87C8C51E47F55D47ABF9BB39687792ED42021A@POCITMSEXMB01.LntUniverse.com>
@ 2011-06-01 14:42 ` Nikhil Kamath
From: Nikhil Kamath @ 2011-06-01 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto; +Cc: Prashanth Shiva

We are trying to build a linux kernel 2.6.35.3 for imx platform. We are facing a problem as  attached in the mail.

The following steps followed are as follows

1.       Initially we have run the $bitbake poky-image-minimal for 'qemuarm' machine. It got compiled.

2.       Next I added a folder named ' linux-imx'  in '\poky-bernard-5.0\meta\recipes-kernel\linux' to create a kernel image for imx platform.

3.       The linux-imx folder contains mx35pdk folder, which inturn contains defconfig file for imx35pdk board.

4.       The linux.inc &  linux-imx_git.bb is added in linux folder '\poky-bernard-5.0\meta\recipes-kernel\linux'.

5.       Added mx35pdk.conf file in '\poky-bernard-5.0\meta\conf\machine'.

6.       Then I ran $bitbake linux-imx

Please see the following attached image.

Thanks,
Prashanth Shiva
EmSyS, Larsen & Toubro Limited,
Mysore | Ph: +91-821-2405582
http://www.Lntemsys.com

This mail is classified as :
( ) L&T EmSyS Proprietary ( ) L&T EmSyS Confidential ( x  ) L&T EmSyS Internal Use ( ) L&T EmSyS General Business

This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system. Thanks!!

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com<http://www.larsentoubro.com>

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

[-- Attachment #2: LIC_Checksum_error.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 222309 bytes --]

* Re: FW: problem in LIC_FILES_CHKSUM
@ 2011-06-01 16:28   ` Saul Wold
From: Saul Wold @ 2011-06-01 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikhil Kamath; +Cc: yocto, Prashanth Shiva

On 06/01/2011 07:42 AM, Nikhil Kamath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to build a linux kernel 2.6.35.3 for imx platform. We are
> facing a problem as attached in the mail.
>

> The following steps followed are as follows
>
> 1.Initially we have run the $bitbake poky-image-minimal for ‘qemuarm’
> machine. It got compiled.
>
> 2.Next I added a folder named ‘ linux-imx’ in
> ‘\poky-bernard-5.0\meta\recipes-kernel\linux’ to create a kernel image
> for imx platform.
>
> 3.The linux-imx folder contains mx35pdk folder, which inturn contains
> defconfig file for imx35pdk board.
>
> 4.The linux.inc & linux-imx_git.bb is added in linux folder
> ‘\poky-bernard-5.0\meta\recipes-kernel\linux’.
>
> 5.Added mx35pdk.conf file in ‘\poky-bernard-5.0\meta\conf\machine’.
>
> 6.Then I ran $bitbake linux-imx
>
> Please see the following attached image.

You need to setup the LIC_FILES_CHKSUM correctly, is your linux-imx a
regular kernel source or does it contain other source?

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM is looking for a COPYING in the source directory, which
may not be in your source area, you can look at
tmp/work/mx35pdk-poky-linux/linux-imx-2.6.35.3-r0/git to check for the
correct licensing files.

Sau!