* btrfs-progs: integration branch updated
@ 2011-06-30 21:19 Hugo Mills
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Hugo Mills @ 2011-06-30 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

   After a reorganisation of patches, and sending a bunch of them to
Chris, I've also updated the integration branch to match that. It's
available from:

http://git.darksatanic.net/repo/btrfs-progs-unstable.git/ integration-20110630

   The shortlog of 17 patches in this branch beyond the ones I've sent
to Chris is below.

   Hugo.

Andreas Philipp (1):
      print parent ID in btrfs subvolume list

Goffredo Baroncelli (1):
      Scan the devices listed in /proc/partitions

Hugo Mills (8):
      Balance progress monitoring.
      Add --monitor option to btrfs balance progress.
      User-space tool for cancelling balance operations.
      Run userspace tool in background for balances.
      Initial implementation of userspace interface for filtered balancing.
      Balance filter by device ID
      Balance filter for virtual address range
      Interface for device range balance filter

Jan Schmidt (5):
      commands added
      scrub ioctls
      added check_mounted_where
      scrub userland implementation
      scrub added to manpage

WuBo (1):
      Btrfs-progs: Add chunk tree recover tool

Zhong, Xin (1):
      btrfs-progs: Improvement for making btrfs image from source directory.

   --- Nothing wrong with being written in Perl... Some of my best ---
                      friends are written in Perl.

* Re: btrfs-progs: integration branch updated
@ 2011-06-30 21:25 ` Andreas Philipp
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Andreas Philipp @ 2011-06-30 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30.06.2011 23:19, Hugo Mills wrote:
> After a reorganisation of patches, and sending a bunch of them to
> Chris, I've also updated the integration branch to match that.
> It's available from:
>
> http://git.darksatanic.net/repo/btrfs-progs-unstable.git/
> integration-20110630
>
> The shortlog of 17 patches in this branch beyond the ones I've
> sent to Chris is below.
>
> Hugo.
>

> Andreas Philipp (1): print parent ID in btrfs subvolume list
This is still the first version of my patch, which changes the default
output from btrfs subvolume list and breaks xfstests/254. Please use v2.

Thanks,
Andreas

> Goffredo Baroncelli (1): Scan the devices listed in
> /proc/partitions
>
> Hugo Mills (8): Balance progress monitoring. Add --monitor option
> to btrfs balance progress. User-space tool for cancelling balance
> operations. Run userspace tool in background for balances. Initial
> implementation of userspace interface for filtered balancing.
> Balance filter by device ID Balance filter for virtual address
> range Interface for device range balance filter
>
> Jan Schmidt (5): commands added scrub ioctls added
> check_mounted_where scrub userland implementation scrub added to
> manpage
>
> WuBo (1): Btrfs-progs: Add chunk tree recover tool
>
> Zhong, Xin (1): btrfs-progs: Improvement for making btrfs image
> from source directory.

* Re: btrfs-progs: integration branch updated
@ 2011-06-30 21:47 ` Andreas Philipp
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Andreas Philipp @ 2011-06-30 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30.06.2011 23:19, Hugo Mills wrote:
> After a reorganisation of patches, and sending a bunch of them to
> Chris, I've also updated the integration branch to match that.
> It's available from:
>
> http://git.darksatanic.net/repo/btrfs-progs-unstable.git/
> integration-20110630
>
> The shortlog of 17 patches in this branch beyond the ones I've
> sent to Chris is below.
>
> Hugo.
>

> Andreas Philipp (1): print parent ID in btrfs subvolume list
>
> Goffredo Baroncelli (1): Scan the devices listed in
> /proc/partitions
>
> Hugo Mills (8): Balance progress monitoring. Add --monitor option
> to btrfs balance progress. User-space tool for cancelling balance
> operations. Run userspace tool in background for balances. Initial
> implementation of userspace interface for filtered balancing.
> Balance filter by device ID Balance filter for virtual address
> range Interface for device range balance filter
>
> Jan Schmidt (5): commands added scrub ioctls added
> check_mounted_where scrub userland implementation scrub added to
> manpage
>
> WuBo (1): Btrfs-progs: Add chunk tree recover tool
>
> Zhong, Xin (1): btrfs-progs: Improvement for making btrfs image
> from source directory.

When issuing 'make all' in this branch I get the following error:
make: *** No rule to make target `btrfs-recover-chunk.o', needed by
`btrfs-recover-chunk'.  Stop.
When trying to figure out what is going wrong I did not find a file
called btrfs-recover-chunk.c. Might it be missing?

Thanks,
Andreas

* Re: btrfs-progs: integration branch updated
@ 2011-07-01  1:50 ` Li Zefan
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Li Zefan @ 2011-07-01  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Jan Schmidt (5):
>       commands added
>       scrub ioctls
>       added check_mounted_where
>       scrub userland implementation
>       scrub added to manpage
>
> WuBo (1):
>       Btrfs-progs: Add chunk tree recover tool

I think we should wait for the kernel patch to be accepted before
adding this to btrfs-progs ?

> Zhong, Xin (1):
>       btrfs-progs: Improvement for making btrfs image from source directory.

* Re: btrfs-progs: integration branch updated
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-07-01  7:35 ` Hubert Kario
From: Hubert Kario @ 2011-07-01  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 30 of June 2011 23:19:02 Hugo Mills wrote:
>    After a reorganisation of patches, and sending a bunch of them to
> Chris, I've also updated the integration branch to match that. It's
> available from:
>=20
> http://git.darksatanic.net/repo/btrfs-progs-unstable.git/
> integration-20110630
>=20
>    The shortlog of 17 patches in this branch beyond the ones I've sen=
> to Chris is below.
>=20
>    Hugo.

Is there a reason why my patch for compilation errors=20
(http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg10965.html)
isn't integrated? Without it, I can't compile btrfs-progs with new gcc=20
(4.6.0 20110429):

volumes.c: In function =E2=80=98btrfs_alloc_data_chunk=E2=80=99:
volumes.c:891:6: error: variable =E2=80=98physical=E2=80=99 set but not=
 used [-Werror=3Dunused-but-set-variable]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Regards,
Hubert
in

* Re: btrfs-progs: integration branch updated
@ 2011-07-01  8:52   ` Hugo Mills
From: Hugo Mills @ 2011-07-01  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:25:59PM +0200, Andreas Philipp wrote:

> On 30.06.2011 23:19, Hugo Mills wrote:
> > After a reorganisation of patches, and sending a bunch of them to
> > Chris, I've also updated the integration branch to match that.
> > It's available from:
> >
> > http://git.darksatanic.net/repo/btrfs-progs-unstable.git/
> > integration-20110630
> >
> > The shortlog of 17 patches in this branch beyond the ones I've
> > sent to Chris is below.
> >
> > Hugo.
> >

> > Andreas Philipp (1): print parent ID in btrfs subvolume list
> This is still the first version of my patch, which changes the default
> output from btrfs subvolume list and breaks xfstests/254. Please use v2.

   I don't see a v2 on the mailing list -- did it get filtered by my
spam trap? Or are you still working on it? (Either way is good: I
won't be pushing the top patches from the stack to Chris until they're
ready, but I'm keeping the latest currently-published one in the
stack).

   Hugo.

  --- "You know,  the British have always been nice to mad people." ---

* Re: btrfs-progs: integration branch updated
@ 2011-07-01  8:54   ` Hugo Mills
From: Hugo Mills @ 2011-07-01  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:47:36PM +0200, Andreas Philipp wrote:

> On 30.06.2011 23:19, Hugo Mills wrote:
> > After a reorganisation of patches, and sending a bunch of them to
> > Chris, I've also updated the integration branch to match that.
> > It's available from:
> >
> > http://git.darksatanic.net/repo/btrfs-progs-unstable.git/
> > integration-20110630
> >
> > The shortlog of 17 patches in this branch beyond the ones I've
> > sent to Chris is below.
> >
> > Hugo.
> >

> > Andreas Philipp (1): print parent ID in btrfs subvolume list
> >
> > Goffredo Baroncelli (1): Scan the devices listed in
> > /proc/partitions
> >
> > Hugo Mills (8): Balance progress monitoring. Add --monitor option
> > to btrfs balance progress. User-space tool for cancelling balance
> > operations. Run userspace tool in background for balances. Initial
> > implementation of userspace interface for filtered balancing.
> > Balance filter by device ID Balance filter for virtual address
> > range Interface for device range balance filter
> >
> > Jan Schmidt (5): commands added scrub ioctls added
> > check_mounted_where scrub userland implementation scrub added to
> > manpage
> >
> > WuBo (1): Btrfs-progs: Add chunk tree recover tool
> >
> > Zhong, Xin (1): btrfs-progs: Improvement for making btrfs image
> > from source directory.
>
> When issuing 'make all' in this branch I get the following error:
> make: *** No rule to make target `btrfs-recover-chunk.o', needed by
> `btrfs-recover-chunk'.  Stop.
> When trying to figure out what is going wrong I did not find a file
> called btrfs-recover-chunk.c. Might it be missing?

   It is. The file was still on my disk (which is why I didn't see
this when compile-testing), but it had dropped out of its patch when I
was re-working the stack. I've added it again and will be producing a
new integration branch later today.

   Hugo.

@ 2011-07-01  9:06   ` Hugo Mills
From: Hugo Mills @ 2011-07-01  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 09:50:29AM +0800, Li Zefan wrote:
> > Jan Schmidt (5):
> >       commands added
> >       scrub ioctls
> >       added check_mounted_where
> >       scrub userland implementation
> >       scrub added to manpage
> >
> > WuBo (1):
> >       Btrfs-progs: Add chunk tree recover tool
> >

> I think we should wait for the kernel patch to be accepted before
> adding this to btrfs-progs ?

   Yes, the same applies to the balance-management series. Most of
this set of patches won't be going in immediately (there's also a
couple that still need revisions).

   In fact, the only patches in this collection that I'm expecting to
push to Chris as soon as I can are the five scrub ones. The remaining
13 (in my current stack) are either waiting on kernel features to be
added, or need a little more maturity/review. Some are known to be
wrong and are waiting on a new version of the patch.

   Hugo.

  --- "You know,  the British have always been nice to mad people." ---

* Re: btrfs-progs: integration branch updated
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-07-01 19:35 ` Daniel Witzel
From: Daniel Witzel @ 2011-07-01 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Just wanted to say thank you Hugo for doing this. The latest patch set may of not
 fixed my problem, but it is still nice to be able to see the progress being made
to btrfs-progs in one area.

* Re: btrfs-progs: integration branch updated
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-07-01 23:03 ` Andreas Philipp
From: Andreas Philipp @ 2011-07-01 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30.06.2011 23:19, Hugo Mills wrote:
> After a reorganisation of patches, and sending a bunch of them to
> Chris, I've also updated the integration branch to match that. It's
> available from:
>
> http://git.darksatanic.net/repo/btrfs-progs-unstable.git/ integration-20110630
>
> The shortlog of 17 patches in this branch beyond the ones I've sent
> to Chris is below.

When trying to build 'dir-test' I encountered a lot of build errors; see below.

Cheers,
Andreas

ls ctree.c
ctree.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.ctree.o.d,-MT,ctree.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c ctree.c
ls disk-io.c
disk-io.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.disk-io.o.d,-MT,disk-io.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c disk-io.c
ls radix-tree.c
radix-tree.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.radix-tree.o.d,-MT,radix-tree.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c radix-tree.c
ls extent-tree.c
extent-tree.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.extent-tree.o.d,-MT,extent-tree.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c extent-tree.c
ls print-tree.c
print-tree.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.print-tree.o.d,-MT,print-tree.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c print-tree.c
ls root-tree.c
root-tree.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.root-tree.o.d,-MT,root-tree.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c root-tree.c
ls dir-item.c
dir-item.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.dir-item.o.d,-MT,dir-item.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c dir-item.c
ls file-item.c
file-item.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.file-item.o.d,-MT,file-item.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c file-item.c
ls inode-item.c
inode-item.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.inode-item.o.d,-MT,inode-item.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c inode-item.c
ls inode-map.c
inode-map.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.inode-map.o.d,-MT,inode-map.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c inode-map.c
ls crc32c.c
crc32c.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.crc32c.o.d,-MT,crc32c.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c crc32c.c
ls rbtree.c
rbtree.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.rbtree.o.d,-MT,rbtree.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c rbtree.c
ls extent-cache.c
extent-cache.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.extent-cache.o.d,-MT,extent-cache.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c extent-cache.c
ls extent_io.c
extent_io.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.extent_io.o.d,-MT,extent_io.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c extent_io.c
ls volumes.c
volumes.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.volumes.o.d,-MT,volumes.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c volumes.c
ls utils.c
utils.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.utils.o.d,-MT,utils.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c utils.c
bash version.sh
ls btrfs-list.c
btrfs-list.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.btrfs-list.o.d,-MT,btrfs-list.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c btrfs-list.c
ls btrfslabel.c
btrfslabel.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.btrfslabel.o.d,-MT,btrfslabel.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c btrfslabel.c
ls dir-test.c
dir-test.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.dir-test.o.d,-MT,dir-test.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Werror -Os -c dir-test.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
dir-test.c: In function ?initial_inode_init?:
dir-test.c:66: error: passing argument 1 of ?btrfs_set_inode_generation? from incompatible pointer type
ctree.h:1064: note: expected ?struct extent_buffer *? but argument is of type ?struct btrfs_inode_item *?
dir-test.c:66: error: passing argument 2 of ?btrfs_set_inode_generation? makes pointer from integer without a cast
ctree.h:1064: note: expected ?struct btrfs_inode_item *? but argument is of type ?u64?
dir-test.c:66: error: too few arguments to function ?btrfs_set_inode_generation?
dir-test.c:67: error: passing argument 1 of ?btrfs_set_inode_mode? from incompatible pointer type
ctree.h:1073: note: expected ?struct extent_buffer *? but argument is of type ?struct btrfs_inode_item *?
dir-test.c:67: error: passing argument 2 of ?btrfs_set_inode_mode? makes pointer from integer without a cast
ctree.h:1073: note: expected ?struct btrfs_inode_item *? but argument is of type ?int?
dir-test.c:67: error: too few arguments to function ?btrfs_set_inode_mode?
dir-test.c: In function ?ins_one?:
dir-test.c:89: error: ?struct btrfs_key? has no member named ?flags?
dir-test.c:98: error: too few arguments to function ?btrfs_insert_dir_item?
dir-test.c:118: error: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
dir-test.c:128: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?leaf?
dir-test.c:128: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?leaf?
dir-test.c:131: error: passing argument 1 of ?btrfs_dir_name_len? from incompatible pointer type
ctree.h:1346: note: expected ?struct extent_buffer *? but argument is of type ?struct btrfs_dir_item *?
dir-test.c:131: error: too few arguments to function ?btrfs_dir_name_len?
dir-test.c: In function ?insert_dup?:
dir-test.c:160: error: ?struct btrfs_key? has no member named ?flags?
dir-test.c:164: error: too few arguments to function ?btrfs_insert_dir_item?
dir-test.c: In function ?del_dir_item?:
dir-test.c:184: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?leaf?
dir-test.c:184: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?leaf?
dir-test.c:196: error: passing argument 4 of ?btrfs_lookup_inode? makes pointer from integer without a cast
ctree.h:1883: note: expected ?struct btrfs_key *? but argument is of type ?u64?
dir-test.c:204: error: ?struct btrfs_fs_info? has no member named ?last_inode_alloc?
dir-test.c:205: error: ?struct btrfs_fs_info? has no member named ?last_inode_alloc?
dir-test.c: In function ?del_one?:
dir-test.c:233: error: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
dir-test.c: In function ?lookup_item?:
dir-test.c:263: error: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
dir-test.c:265: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?leaf?
dir-test.c:265: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?leaf?
dir-test.c: In function ?lookup_enoent?:
dir-test.c:291: error: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
dir-test.c: In function ?empty_tree?:
dir-test.c:314: error: ?struct btrfs_key? has no member named ?flags?
dir-test.c:332: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?leaf?
dir-test.c:332: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?leaf?
dir-test.c:334: error: passing argument 1 of ?btrfs_dir_name_len? from incompatible pointer type
ctree.h:1346: note: expected ?struct extent_buffer *? but argument is of type ?struct btrfs_dir_item *?
dir-test.c:334: error: too few arguments to function ?btrfs_dir_name_len?
dir-test.c: In function ?fill_tree?:
dir-test.c:367: error: too many arguments to function ?btrfs_commit_transaction?
dir-test.c: In function ?main?:
dir-test.c:438: error: passing argument 2 of ?open_ctree? makes integer from pointer without a cast
disk-io.h:46: note: expected ?u64? but argument is of type ?struct btrfs_super_block *?
dir-test.c:478: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?node?
dir-test.c:479: error: ?struct extent_buffer? has no member named ?node?
dir-test.c:480: error: too many arguments to function ?close_ctree?
dir-test.c:481: error: passing argument 2 of ?open_ctree? makes integer from pointer without a cast
disk-io.h:46: note: expected ?u64? but argument is of type ?struct btrfs_super_block *?
dir-test.c:503: error: too many arguments to function ?close_ctree?
make: *** [dir-test.o] Error 1

* Re: btrfs-progs integration branch updated
@ 2011-08-13 13:18     ` Hugo Mills
From: Hugo Mills @ 2011-08-13 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Schubert; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 08:57:01PM +0000, Jan Schubert wrote:
> Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert <at> GMX.li> writes:
>
> > Thx Hugo, I hit this error while trying to compile:
>
> Oh, and kernel is official 3.0, seems there is an "incompatible" ctree.h
> included...
>
> Everything else compiles fine.

   Looks like that file hasn't actually compiled properly since at
least the 4th January 2008, which was the last time that the macro
definitions in ctree.h got touched. It might be easiest simply to drop
dir-test.c, if nobody's bothered compiling it in over 3 years...

   Hugo.

  --- "What's so bad about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water" ---

* Re: btrfs-progs integration branch updated
@ 2011-08-06 12:12 ` Jan Schubert
From: Jan Schubert @ 2011-08-06 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hugo Mills <hugo <at> carfax.org.uk> writes:
>    It includes the latest scrub patches, the compile fixes for gcc
> 4.6, and a selection of other, smaller features. Go forth and play.

I've to report a kernel crash after upgrading to this branch _and_ upgrading to
official kernel 301 (coming from plain 30). I was not able to save the dump,
sorry, a btrfs-zero-log did the trick. As I understood there has been no changes
in 301 concerning btrfs, so I'm now on the for-chris branch of btrfs-progs-
unstable and everyting is fine (so far).

HTH,
Jan

* Re: btrfs-progs integration branch updated
@ 2011-08-05 20:57   ` Jan Schubert
From: Jan Schubert @ 2011-08-05 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert <at> GMX.li> writes:

> Thx Hugo, I hit this error while trying to compile:

Oh, and kernel is official 3.0, seems there is an "incompatible" ctree.h
included...

Everything else compiles fine.

Thx,
Jan

* Re: btrfs-progs integration branch updated
@ 2011-08-05 20:47 ` Jan Schubert
From: Jan Schubert @ 2011-08-05 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hugo Mills <hugo <at> carfax.org.uk> writes:
>    It includes the latest scrub patches, the compile fixes for gcc
> 4.6, and a selection of other, smaller features. Go forth and play.
>=20

Thx Hugo, I hit this error while trying to compile:

# make dir-test
ls dir-test.c
dir-test.c
gcc -Wp,-MMD,./.dir-test.o.d,-MT,dir-test.o -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=3D=
64 -
D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3D2 -g -Werror -Os -c dir-test.c
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2initial_inode_init=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:66:2: error: passing argument 1 of =C3=A2btrfs_set_inode_gen=
eration=C3=A2 from=20
incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
ctree.h:1064:1: note: expected =C3=A2struct extent_buffer *=C3=A2 but a=
rgument is of type=20
=C3=A2struct btrfs_inode_item *=C3=A2
dir-test.c:66:2: error: passing argument 2 of =C3=A2btrfs_set_inode_gen=
eration=C3=A2 makes=20
pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror]
ctree.h:1064:1: note: expected =C3=A2struct btrfs_inode_item *=C3=A2 bu=
t argument is of=20
type =C3=A2u64=C3=A2
dir-test.c:66:2: error: too few arguments to function=20
=C3=A2btrfs_set_inode_generation=C3=A2
ctree.h:1064:1: note: declared here
dir-test.c:67:2: error: passing argument 1 of =C3=A2btrfs_set_inode_mod=
e=C3=A2 from=20
incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
ctree.h:1073:1: note: expected =C3=A2struct extent_buffer *=C3=A2 but a=
rgument is of type=20
=C3=A2struct btrfs_inode_item *=C3=A2
dir-test.c:67:2: error: passing argument 2 of =C3=A2btrfs_set_inode_mod=
e=C3=A2 makes=20
pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror]
ctree.h:1073:1: note: expected =C3=A2struct btrfs_inode_item *=C3=A2 bu=
t argument is of=20
type =C3=A2int=C3=A2
dir-test.c:67:2: error: too few arguments to function =C3=A2btrfs_set_i=
node_mode=C3=A2
ctree.h:1073:1: note: declared here
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2ins_one=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:89:11: error: =C3=A2struct btrfs_key=C3=A2 has no member nam=
ed =C3=A2flags=C3=A2
dir-test.c:98:9: error: too few arguments to function =C3=A2btrfs_inser=
t_dir_item=C3=A2
ctree.h:1832:5: note: declared here
dir-test.c:117:6: error: assignment makes integer from pointer without =
a cast [-
Werror]
dir-test.c:128:8: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no member=
 named =C3=A2leaf=C3=A2
dir-test.c:128:8: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no member=
 named =C3=A2leaf=C3=A2
dir-test.c:131:3: error: passing argument 1 of =C3=A2btrfs_dir_name_len=
=C3=A2 from=20
incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
ctree.h:1346:1: note: expected =C3=A2struct extent_buffer *=C3=A2 but a=
rgument is of type=20
=C3=A2struct btrfs_dir_item *=C3=A2
dir-test.c:131:3: error: too few arguments to function =C3=A2btrfs_dir_=
name_len=C3=A2
ctree.h:1346:1: note: declared here
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2insert_dup=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:160:5: error: =C3=A2struct btrfs_key=C3=A2 has no member nam=
ed =C3=A2flags=C3=A2
dir-test.c:164:9: error: too few arguments to function =C3=A2btrfs_inse=
rt_dir_item=C3=A2
ctree.h:1832:5: note: declared here
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2del_dir_item=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:184:7: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no member=
 named =C3=A2leaf=C3=A2
dir-test.c:184:7: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no member=
 named =C3=A2leaf=C3=A2
dir-test.c:196:2: error: passing argument 4 of =C3=A2btrfs_lookup_inode=
=C3=A2 makes=20
pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror]
ctree.h:1883:5: note: expected =C3=A2struct btrfs_key *=C3=A2 but argum=
ent is of type=20
=C3=A2u64=C3=A2
dir-test.c:204:19: error: =C3=A2struct btrfs_fs_info=C3=A2 has no membe=
r named=20
=C3=A2last_inode_alloc=C3=A2
dir-test.c:205:16: error: =C3=A2struct btrfs_fs_info=C3=A2 has no membe=
r named=20
=C3=A2last_inode_alloc=C3=A2
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2del_one=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:232:6: error: assignment makes integer from pointer without =
a cast [-
Werror]
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2lookup_item=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:262:6: error: assignment makes integer from pointer without =
a cast [-
Werror]
dir-test.c:265:8: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no member=
 named =C3=A2leaf=C3=A2
dir-test.c:265:8: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no member=
 named =C3=A2leaf=C3=A2
dir-test.c:254:6: error: variable =C3=A2objectid=C3=A2 set but not used=
 [-Werror=3Dunused-
but-set-variable]
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2lookup_enoent=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:290:6: error: assignment makes integer from pointer without =
a cast [-
Werror]
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2empty_tree=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:314:5: error: =C3=A2struct btrfs_key=C3=A2 has no member nam=
ed =C3=A2flags=C3=A2
dir-test.c:332:8: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no member=
 named =C3=A2leaf=C3=A2
dir-test.c:332:8: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no member=
 named =C3=A2leaf=C3=A2
dir-test.c:334:3: error: passing argument 1 of =C3=A2btrfs_dir_name_len=
=C3=A2 from=20
incompatible pointer type [-Werror]
ctree.h:1346:1: note: expected =C3=A2struct extent_buffer *=C3=A2 but a=
rgument is of type=20
=C3=A2struct btrfs_dir_item *=C3=A2
dir-test.c:334:3: error: too few arguments to function =C3=A2btrfs_dir_=
name_len=C3=A2
ctree.h:1346:1: note: declared here
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2fill_tree=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:367:4: error: too many arguments to function=20
=C3=A2btrfs_commit_transaction=C3=A2
disk-io.h:71:5: note: declared here
dir-test.c: In function =C3=A2main=C3=A2:
dir-test.c:438:2: error: passing argument 2 of =C3=A2open_ctree=C3=A2 m=
akes integer from=20
pointer without a cast [-Werror]
disk-io.h:46:20: note: expected =C3=A2u64=C3=A2 but argument is of type=
 =C3=A2struct=20
btrfs_super_block *=C3=A2
dir-test.c:478:35: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no membe=
r named =C3=A2node=C3=A2
dir-test.c:479:37: error: =C3=A2struct extent_buffer=C3=A2 has no membe=
r named =C3=A2node=C3=A2
dir-test.c:480:4: error: too many arguments to function =C3=A2close_ctr=
ee=C3=A2
disk-io.h:49:5: note: declared here
dir-test.c:481:4: error: passing argument 2 of =C3=A2open_ctree=C3=A2 m=
akes integer from=20
pointer without a cast [-Werror]
disk-io.h:46:20: note: expected =C3=A2u64=C3=A2 but argument is of type=
 =C3=A2struct=20
btrfs_super_block *=C3=A2
dir-test.c:503:2: error: too many arguments to function =C3=A2close_ctr=
ee=C3=A2
disk-io.h:49:5: note: declared here
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

make: *** [dir-test.o] Error 1

# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=3Dgcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=3D/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.6.1/lto-w=
rapper
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with: /build/src/gcc-4.6.1/configure --prefix=3D/usr --libdi=
r=3D/usr/lib=20
--libexecdir=3D/usr/lib --mandir=3D/usr/share/man --infodir=3D/usr/shar=
e/info --with-
bugurl=3Dhttps://bugs.archlinux.org/ --enable-
languages=3Dc,c++,ada,fortran,go,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-shared --ena=
ble-
threads=3Dposix --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libu=
nwind-
exceptions --enable-clocale=3Dgnu --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-l=
inker-
build-id --with-ppl --enable-cloog-backend=3Disl --enable-lto --enable-=
gold --
enable-ld=3Ddefault --enable-plugin --with-plugin-ld=3Dld.gold --enable=
-multilib --
disable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-checking=3Drelease
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.6.1 (GCC)=20

in

* btrfs-progs integration branch updated
@ 2011-08-04 22:43 Hugo Mills
From: Hugo Mills @ 2011-08-04 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)