* git remote show origin (URL)
@ 2011-07-11 16:08 frankkany
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: frankkany @ 2011-07-11 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

On box (A), when using "git remote show origin", I'm used to seeing something
like the following next to the FETCH/PUSH URL:
"git@somegitrepo.com:somefolder/someproject.git"

The URL is actually pingable.

On box (B), when using "git remote show origin" on an unfamiliar project,
the FETCH/PUSH URL is: "hidden-repos:repositories/mysteryproject.git".

How can I find where the actual url/directory where "hidden-repos" is
pointing?

Thanks,

Frank

* Re: git remote show origin (URL)
@ 2011-07-11 16:24 ` Santi Béjar
From: Santi Béjar @ 2011-07-11 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frankkany; +Cc: git

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 6:08 PM, frankkany <frankkany@gmail.com> wrote:
> On box (A), when using "git remote show origin", I'm used to seeing something
> like the following next to the FETCH/PUSH URL:
> "git@somegitrepo.com:somefolder/someproject.git"
>
> The URL is actually pingable.
>
> On box (B), when using "git remote show origin" on an unfamiliar project,
> the FETCH/PUSH URL is: "hidden-repos:repositories/mysteryproject.git".
>
> How can I find where the actual url/directory where "hidden-repos" is
> pointing?

Maybe it is using an url.<base>.insteadOf that is set to
"hidden-repos:", check it with "git config -l".

But here the output of "git remote show $repo" is with the actual url,
not with the "hidden" ones, so not sure if it is your case.

HTH,
Santi

* Re: git remote show origin (URL)
@ 2011-07-11 17:10   ` frankkany
From: frankkany @ 2011-07-11 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Running:
"git config -l"

Shows the same URL displayed in when running:
"git remote show origin"

I also checked the /etc/hosts file to make sure "hidden-repos" didn't point
to another IP.

I'm stumped...

* Re: git remote show origin (URL)
@ 2011-07-11 17:26 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2011-07-11 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frankkany; +Cc: git

frankkany <frankkany@gmail.com> writes:

> On box (B), when using "git remote show origin" on an unfamiliar project,
> the FETCH/PUSH URL is: "hidden-repos:repositories/mysteryproject.git".
>
> How can I find where the actual url/directory where "hidden-repos" is
> pointing?

That should be the actual repository address, where hidden-repos should
be the host name, implicitly using git+ssh as the transport.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: git remote show origin (URL)
@ 2011-07-11 17:34 ` Illia Bobyr
From: Illia Bobyr @ 2011-07-11 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frankkany; +Cc: git

On 7/11/2011 11:08 AM, frankkany wrote:
> On box (A), when using "git remote show origin", I'm used to seeing something
> like the following next to the FETCH/PUSH URL:
> "git@somegitrepo.com:somefolder/someproject.git"
>
> The URL is actually pingable.
>
> On box (B), when using "git remote show origin" on an unfamiliar project,
> the FETCH/PUSH URL is: "hidden-repos:repositories/mysteryproject.git".
>
> How can I find where the actual url/directory where "hidden-repos" is
> pointing?

There might be a "Host hidden-repos" entry in your .ssh/config or
/etc/ssh_config that maps the name to the actual hostname.

Ilya Bobyr

* Re: git remote show origin (URL)
@ 2011-07-11 17:42   ` frankkany
From: frankkany @ 2011-07-11 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

I appreciate everyone's help.  Ilya Bobyr's suggestion worked.  As Ilya
suggested, it was defined in my ssh_config file.

* Re: git remote show origin (URL)
@ 2011-07-11 17:46     ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2011-07-11 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frankkany; +Cc: git

frankkany <frankkany@gmail.com> writes:

> I also checked the /etc/hosts file to make sure "hidden-repos" didn't point
> to another IP.

That name may only be valid in a certain network.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org