* CPUFREQ: Mark e_powersaver driver as EXPERIMENTAL and DANGEROUS
@ 2011-07-11 19:22 Rafał Bilski
From: Rafał Bilski @ 2011-07-11 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harald Welte, LKLM

Hello!

Sorry for late reply. I've been aware problem with "e_powersaver".
Nobody ever e-mailed me :-)
So far I'm aware "e_powersaver" fully respects values given it by CPU.
Only code added by VIA
seems to be faulty for me. As I understand ACPI P-States provide
unstable 400MHz for system in question too.
If "e_powersaver" was based on outdated documentation I'm sorry. This
driver was neccessary for systems with
C7 CPU's which didn't provide BIOS P-states. But it was in early and
dark ages of first C7 CPU's.

Bye

Najwieksza baza samochodow nowych i uzywanych
Sprawdz >> http://linkint.pl/f29e3

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-07-11 19:22 UTC | newest]