* adt7310 uses two event lines.
@ 2011-07-21 11:08 Jonathan Cameron
From: Jonathan Cameron @ 2011-07-21 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hennerich, Michael; +Cc: linux-iio

Michael,

Right now there are bugs galore in the multiple event line code.
I'm intending to rip it out for now so as to keep things simple.
We can merge it back in when we have a use case.

The only multiple line user I know of is the adt7310.  Now there
are all sorts of other issues with this driver anyway and it
probably shouldn't be in IIO at all (just a temperature sensor).

In the meantime I propose just deleting the second interrupt line.

Is that alright with you?

Jonathan

* Re: adt7310 uses two event lines.
@ 2011-07-21 14:07 ` Michael Hennerich
From: Michael Hennerich @ 2011-07-21 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Cameron; +Cc: linux-iio

On 07/21/2011 01:08 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Right now there are bugs galore in the multiple event line code.
> I'm intending to rip it out for now so as to keep things simple.
> We can merge it back in when we have a use case.
>
> The only multiple line user I know of is the adt7310.  Now there
> are all sorts of other issues with this driver anyway and it
> probably shouldn't be in IIO at all (just a temperature sensor).
>
> In the meantime I propose just deleting the second interrupt line.
>
> Is that alright with you?
>
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

In theory both interrupt lines could be wired together.
They both end up on the same handler anyways.
So feel free to remove one.

--
Greetings,
Michael

--
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen; Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 40368;