* ipset question - multiple match-set clauses
@ 2011-07-26 19:18 Ed W
From: Ed W @ 2011-07-26 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mail List - Netfilter

Hi, If I use multiple match-set clauses am I right in assuming that
these form an "AND" relationship, ie all must be satisfied for the rule
to match?

eg my mangle chain (generated by shorewall) looks something like:

Chain tcpre (1 references)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
    0     0 MARK       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
0.0.0.0/0            mark match ! 0x0/0xffff match-set cp1 src,src
match-set cp2 src,src MARK or 0x800
    2   149 MARK       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
0.0.0.0/0            mark match ! 0x0/0xffff match-set cp1 src,src MARK
or 0x100

It's clear that the match for only cp1 fires, but the first rule which
matches both cp1/cp2 is not firing.

This seems to be as expected for iptables rules - I'm just debugging
shorewall which has a syntax of "+[ipset1,ipset2]" which is supposed to
generate a logical OR, but generates the above rule (first line).  Can
someone please confirm my understanding is correct?

Thanks

Ed W

* Re: ipset question - multiple match-set clauses
@ 2011-07-26 19:29 ` Ed W
From: Ed W @ 2011-07-26 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mail List - Netfilter

On further reflection this is an extremely dim question - please
disregard...

Ed W