* Yocto post 1.1 development focus areas?
@ 2011-08-04 14:54 Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2011-08-04 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto; +Cc: openembedded-core

[Cross posted but please reply on the Yocto list]

We're starting to think about the development focus for post Yocto 1.1
and are collecting ideas on the unscheduled feature list on the wiki:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_Unscheduled_Feature_List

This is an opportunity for people to mention all the "if only we had X
functionality" ideas they might think of as they use the system.

Obviously there are no promises anything listed will get worked on but
if its not there, the likelihood of it not happening is significantly
higher :)

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: Yocto post 1.1 development focus areas?
@ 2011-08-04 19:45 ` Joshua Lock
From: Joshua Lock @ 2011-08-04 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 15:54 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> [Cross posted but please reply on the Yocto list]
>
> We're starting to think about the development focus for post Yocto 1.1
> and are collecting ideas on the unscheduled feature list on the wiki:
>
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_Unscheduled_Feature_List
>
> This is an opportunity for people to mention all the "if only we had X
> functionality" ideas they might think of as they use the system.

Is the intention to collect features on this thread or for people to add
them to the wiki?

It'd be great to finish up the swabber (host-intrusion detection) work
and have that integrated into our autobuilder cycle.

I have more but I'll wait to learn if you want them on-list or
on-wiki. :-)

Cheers,
Joshua
--
Joshua Lock
        Yocto Project "Johannes Factotum"

* Re: Yocto post 1.1 development focus areas?
@ 2011-08-04 22:38   ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2011-08-04 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Lock; +Cc: yocto

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 12:45 -0700, Joshua Lock wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 15:54 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > [Cross posted but please reply on the Yocto list]
> >
> > We're starting to think about the development focus for post Yocto 1.1
> > and are collecting ideas on the unscheduled feature list on the wiki:
> >
> > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_Unscheduled_Feature_List
> >
> > This is an opportunity for people to mention all the "if only we had X
> > functionality" ideas they might think of as they use the system.
>
> Is the intention to collect features on this thread or for people to add
> them to the wiki?
>
> It'd be great to finish up the swabber (host-intrusion detection) work
> and have that integrated into our autobuilder cycle.
>
> I have more but I'll wait to learn if you want them on-list or
> on-wiki. :-)

Wiki please...

@ 2011-08-04 23:27   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2011-08-04 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 08/04/2011 12:45 PM, Joshua Lock wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 15:54 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
>> [Cross posted but please reply on the Yocto list]
>>
>> We're starting to think about the development focus for post Yocto 1.1
>> and are collecting ideas on the unscheduled feature list on the wiki:
>>
>> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_Unscheduled_Feature_List

My good browser presented me with ssl error that "The site's security
certificate is not trusted!" :)

I would like to add a taks to curb bitbake memory consumption

Thanks
-Khem