* Network available but no network connectivity
@ 2011-08-08  5:17 Satz Klauer
From: Satz Klauer @ 2011-08-08  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Hi,

currently I fail with a problem that I already had (and never could
solve) with QNX 6.4.1, now I tried again with QNX 6.5 but still don't
get it working. I start qemu with

qemu-system-x86_64 -hda qnx.img -m 512 -net nic -net user

(brain-attritional simple and well-working with all other operating
systems). QNX comes up without problems and it detects the network
card successfully.

But with that network interface nearly nothing is possible: DHCP does
not work, assigning a fixed IP 10.0.2.15 / netmask 255.255.255.0 works
but I can't reach anything outside of this qemu-envorinment. The
default gateway is set to 10.0.2.2.

Within the QNX-forum nobody could help, so may be here somebody has
some hints what I could try?

Thanks!

* Re: Network available but no network connectivity
@ 2011-08-11 10:11 ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2011-08-11 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Satz Klauer; +Cc: kvm

On 08/08/2011 08:17 AM, Satz Klauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently I fail with a problem that I already had (and never could
> solve) with QNX 6.4.1, now I tried again with QNX 6.5 but still don't
> get it working. I start qemu with
>
> qemu-system-x86_64 -hda qnx.img -m 512 -net nic -net user
>
> (brain-attritional simple and well-working with all other operating
> systems). QNX comes up without problems and it detects the network
> card successfully.
>
> But with that network interface nearly nothing is possible: DHCP does
> not work, assigning a fixed IP 10.0.2.15 / netmask 255.255.255.0 works
> but I can't reach anything outside of this qemu-envorinment. The
> default gateway is set to 10.0.2.2.
>
> Within the QNX-forum nobody could help, so may be here somebody has
> some hints what I could try?

Try different models: -net nic,model=e1000, -net nic,model=rtl8139, net
nic,model=eepro100

* Re: Network available but no network connectivity
@ 2011-08-11 14:13 ` Rodrigo Campos
From: Rodrigo Campos @ 2011-08-11 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Satz Klauer; +Cc: kvm

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 07:17:47AM +0200, Satz Klauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently I fail with a problem that I already had (and never could
> solve) with QNX 6.4.1, now I tried again with QNX 6.5 but still don't
> get it working. I start qemu with
>
> qemu-system-x86_64 -hda qnx.img -m 512 -net nic -net user
>
> (brain-attritional simple and well-working with all other operating
> systems). QNX comes up without problems and it detects the network
> card successfully.
>
> But with that network interface nearly nothing is possible: DHCP does
> not work, assigning a fixed IP 10.0.2.15 / netmask 255.255.255.0 works
> but I can't reach anything outside of this qemu-envorinment. The
> default gateway is set to 10.0.2.2.
>
> Within the QNX-forum nobody could help, so may be here somebody has
> some hints what I could try?

Yes, I have QNX (although I only tried QNX 6.3.2) as guest with working network.

As I posted on [1], I needed "-net nic,model=ne2k_pci" and to follow the
instructions in [2], the part that says: "If this is not done, networking will
not work, so we have to manually start it every time. To do this, type".
Although I've only done this the first time and when I re-start the guest it
just works.

I don't know if this would work on QNX 6.5, but I suspect it does.

Thanks a lot,
Rodrigo

[1]: http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Guest_Support_Status
[2]: http://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.qemu/wiki/NeutrinoAsGuestInQEMU;jsessionid=82CAC3EC7E4C62A6DC51A1E021618862