* [Qemu-devel] [Question] PCI-to-PCI bridge
@ 2011-08-16  2:22 Wen Congyang
From: Wen Congyang @ 2011-08-16  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi, all

We'd like to add PCI-to-PCI Bridge for qemu(kvm) for x86/x86_64 box.
I read the code, and find the following hardware calls the function
pci_bridge_initfn():
1. apb
2. ioh3420
3. xio3130

ioh3420 and xio3130 is for PCIe, and apb is for sparc box.
I do not find any PCI-to-PCI bridge for x86/x86_64 box.
Is there some projects we can join ? If not, we'll start
from scratch and add a new one.

Thanks
Wen Congyang

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [Question] PCI-to-PCI bridge
@ 2011-08-16 13:40 ` Gerd Hoffmann
From: Gerd Hoffmann @ 2011-08-16 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wen Congyang; +Cc: qemu-devel

On 08/16/11 04:22, Wen Congyang wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> We'd like to add PCI-to-PCI Bridge for qemu(kvm) for x86/x86_64 box.
> I read the code, and find the following hardware calls the function
> pci_bridge_initfn():
> 1. apb
> 2. ioh3420
> 3. xio3130
>
> ioh3420 and xio3130 is for PCIe, and apb is for sparc box.
> I do not find any PCI-to-PCI bridge for x86/x86_64 box.
> Is there some projects we can join ? If not, we'll start

There is one in hw/dec_pci.c.  This isn't compiled by default, but that
is just a configuration issue.  I had some IRQ routing issues with that
one though.

There is also http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/103058/ which works fine
after fixing the double irq_num.  Michael wants implement hotplug
support before merging it though.

cheers,
   Gerd

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [Question] PCI-to-PCI bridge
@ 2011-08-17  2:41   ` Wen Congyang
From: Wen Congyang @ 2011-08-17  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerd Hoffmann; +Cc: qemu-devel

At 08/16/2011 09:40 PM, Gerd Hoffmann Write:
> On 08/16/11 04:22, Wen Congyang wrote:
>> Hi, all
>>
>> We'd like to add PCI-to-PCI Bridge for qemu(kvm) for x86/x86_64 box.
>> I read the code, and find the following hardware calls the function
>> pci_bridge_initfn():
>> 1. apb
>> 2. ioh3420
>> 3. xio3130
>>
>> ioh3420 and xio3130 is for PCIe, and apb is for sparc box.
>> I do not find any PCI-to-PCI bridge for x86/x86_64 box.
>> Is there some projects we can join ? If not, we'll start
>
> There is one in hw/dec_pci.c.  This isn't compiled by default, but that
> is just a configuration issue.  I had some IRQ routing issues with that
> one though.

Yes, I found this device. Do you mean there are some IRQ problems about this
device?

@ 2011-08-17 20:48     ` Gerd Hoffmann
From: Gerd Hoffmann @ 2011-08-17 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wen Congyang; +Cc: qemu-devel

On 08/17/11 04:41, Wen Congyang wrote:
> At 08/16/2011 09:40 PM, Gerd Hoffmann Write:
>> There is one in hw/dec_pci.c.  This isn't compiled by default, but that
>> is just a configuration issue.  I had some IRQ routing issues with that
>> one though.
>
> Yes, I found this device. Do you mean there are some IRQ problems about this
> device?

I think so, I'm not fully sure though.  Just did a quick test and
figured devices behind the bridge where not working correctly.  I think
some IRQ bug is the most likely cause, but I didn't investigate in detail.

cheers,
   Gerd