* linux raw serio driver 32 byte maximum
@ 2011-08-30 21:59 Joey Oravec
From: Joey Oravec @ 2011-08-30 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dtor; +Cc: linux-input

Dmitry -

In serio_raw.c function serio_raw_write() there's a check:

if (count > 32)
    count = 32;

which coerces any call to write a maximum of 32 bytes. Do you know why
this limitation is in the code? Characters get written one-by-one to the
tty layer so I don't understand why it's there.

I'm not sure which section of the manpage defines write for a serial
port. In the ordinary case I expected this function to keep transmitting
until complete or an error occurs. If O_NONBLOCK was specified then I
might expect EAGAIN. Right now my calling code doesn't expect a
successful partial write. Do you think this module is doing the right
thing? Can you comment on what the caller must expect?

-joey