* Virtual keyboard ?
@ 2011-09-30 13:31 Vellemans, Noel
From: Vellemans, Noel @ 2011-09-30 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all,

I have a question where I can not find an direct answer to on the
Yocto-web/wiki.

I wonder if the Yocto-arm-sato build supports a device that has no-REAL
keyboard but only a touch-screen.

If so, does the VIRTUAL-keyboard pup-op automatically, if you touch
something that is editable (like in android and/or meego) ?

Kinds regards,
Noel

NOTE : I've been playing with the Yocto-1.0 build into qemu and I do not
find how to 'REMOVE' the virtual keyboard once it is visible on screen.

* Re: Virtual keyboard ?
@ 2011-09-30 13:53 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2011-09-30 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vellemans, Noel; +Cc: yocto

On 2011-09-30 07:31, Vellemans, Noel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question where I can not find an direct answer to on the Yocto-web/wiki.
>
> I wonder if the Yocto-arm-sato build supports a device that has no-REAL keyboard but only a touch-screen.
>
> If so, does the VIRTUAL-keyboard pup-op automatically, if you touch something that is editable (like in android and/or meego) ?

Yes, this works fine.  You just need to set these in /etc/formfactor/machconfig:
   HAVE_TOUCHSCREEN=1
   HAVE_KEYBOARD=0

> NOTE : I've been playing with the Yocto-1.0 build into qemu and I do not find how to 'REMOVE' the virtual keyboard once it is visible on screen.

If it comes up by demand, it will go away when you press enter.