* HSI framework for linux-next
@ 2011-10-28  9:27 Carlos Chinea
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Carlos Chinea @ 2011-10-28  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ext Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, linux-omap, ext Linus Walleij,
	peter_henn, sjur.brandeland, govindraj.ti, pawel.szyszuk,
	Sebastian Reichel

Hi Stephen,

I have been working in an HSI framework for linux:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/6/10/280

The framework is in good shape and is currently being used for some
people so we would like it to see it integrated, if possible, for 3.3

Latest discussion for integration:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/20/177

Therefore, could you add the following tree to linux-next ?
	git@gitorious.org:kernel-hsi/kernel-hsi.git for-next

Currently the framework does not have any HSI/SSI controller driver, but
myself I am working on an SSI OMAP one, which needs some changes to get
full acceptance. So hopefully I will have the changes done and acked on
time.
There are also other people preparing their controllers for integration
(see the integration discussion)

Thanks and br,
--
Carlos Chinea <carlos.chinea@nokia.com>

* Re: HSI framework for linux-next
@ 2011-10-28 11:23 ` Artem Bityutskiy
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Artem Bityutskiy @ 2011-10-28 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Chinea
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-kernel, linux-omap,
	ext Linus Walleij, peter_henn, sjur.brandeland, govindraj.ti,

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 12:27 +0300, Carlos Chinea wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> I have been working in an HSI framework for linux:
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/6/10/280
>
> The framework is in good shape and is currently being used for some
> people so we would like it to see it integrated, if possible, for 3.3
>
> Latest discussion for integration:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/20/177

Stephen,

I confirm that this is useful and solid framework, works well, and we
are also interested to see it upstream.

Thanks!

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy

* Re: HSI framework for linux-next
@ 2011-10-28 15:17   ` Shubhrajyoti
From: Shubhrajyoti @ 2011-10-28 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: artem.bityutskiy
  Cc: Carlos Chinea, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-kernel,
	linux-omap, ext Linus Walleij, peter_henn, sjur.brandeland,

On Friday 28 October 2011 04:53 PM, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 12:27 +0300, Carlos Chinea wrote:
>> Hi Stephen,
>>
>> I have been working in an HSI framework for linux:
>>
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/6/10/280
>>
>> The framework is in good shape and is currently being used for some
>> people so we would like it to see it integrated, if possible, for 3.3
>>
>> Latest discussion for integration:
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/20/177
> Stephen,
>
> I confirm that this is useful and solid framework, works well, and we
> are also interested to see it upstream.

Yes also it may help others to hook up their controller support.

@ 2011-10-28 18:45 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-10-28 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Chinea
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, linux-omap, ext Linus Walleij,
	peter_henn, sjur.brandeland, govindraj.ti, pawel.szyszuk,
	Sebastian Reichel

Hi Carlos,

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:27:46 +0300 Carlos Chinea <carlos.chinea@nokia.com> wrote:

> I have been working in an HSI framework for linux:
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/6/10/280
>
> The framework is in good shape and is currently being used for some
> people so we would like it to see it integrated, if possible, for 3.3
>
> Latest discussion for integration:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/20/177
>
> Therefore, could you add the following tree to linux-next ?

I will try to remember, but if I forget, then ping me when v3.2-rc1 has
been released.  I don't put future code into linux-next until after -rc1
to save false problems with the stuff that has still not been sent to
Linus.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: HSI framework for linux-next
@ 2011-11-08 21:51 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-11-08 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Chinea
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, linux-omap, ext Linus Walleij,
	peter_henn, sjur.brandeland, govindraj.ti, pawel.szyszuk,
	Sebastian Reichel

Hi Carlos,

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:27:46 +0300 Carlos Chinea <carlos.chinea@nokia.com> wrote:

> I have been working in an HSI framework for linux:
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/6/10/280
>
> The framework is in good shape and is currently being used for some
> people so we would like it to see it integrated, if possible, for 3.3
>
> Latest discussion for integration:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/20/177
>
> Therefore, could you add the following tree to linux-next ?
> 	git@gitorious.org:kernel-hsi/kernel-hsi.git for-next
>
> Currently the framework does not have any HSI/SSI controller driver, but
> myself I am working on an SSI OMAP one, which needs some changes to get
> full acceptance. So hopefully I will have the changes done and acked on
> time.
> There are also other people preparing their controllers for integration
> (see the integration discussion)

Right, so -rc1 has been released so I can consider this.  Just a couple of things:

	Linus (and the rest of us) is being a bit nmore paranoid about
where to fetch trees from.  Public git hosters (like gitorious) can be
problematic since it is hard for us to verify the owners of trees
reliably.  You either need to apply for a kernel.org account, or you will
need to add a signed tag to your tree before asking Linus to pull from
it.  And that atg will have to be singned with a GPG key that can be
verified by Linus ...

	I am not sure how to translate that gitorious URI above into a
simple, publically fetchable URI (git://gitorious.org...).

--

@ 2011-11-23 17:26   ` Sebastian Reichel
From: Sebastian Reichel @ 2011-11-23 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Carlos Chinea, linux-next, linux-kernel, linux-omap,
	ext Linus Walleij, peter_henn, sjur.brandeland, govindraj.ti,
	pawel.szyszuk

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 08:51:40AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:27:46 +0300 Carlos Chinea <carlos.chinea@nokia.com> wrote:
>
> Right, so -rc1 has been released so I can consider this.  Just a couple of things:
>
> 	Linus (and the rest of us) is being a bit nmore paranoid about
> where to fetch trees from.  Public git hosters (like gitorious) can be
> problematic since it is hard for us to verify the owners of trees
> reliably.  You either need to apply for a kernel.org account, or you will
> need to add a signed tag to your tree before asking Linus to pull from
> it.  And that atg will have to be singned with a GPG key that can be
> verified by Linus ...
>
> 	I am not sure how to translate that gitorious URI above into a
> simple, publically fetchable URI (git://gitorious.org...).

It has been two weeks. Did I miss any status updates?

Here's the git fetchable URI: git://gitorious.org/kernel-hsi/kernel-hsi.git
The existing tag is not signed though.

-- Sebastian

* Re: HSI framework for linux-next
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)