* Xen.org services migrating to Rackspace Hosting : some downtime expected
@ 2011-11-07 18:42 Lars Kurth
From: Lars Kurth @ 2011-11-07 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR,
	xen-users-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR,
	xen-api-GuqFBffKawuULHF6PoxzQEEOCMrvLtNR@public.gmane.org

Hi everybody,

Rackspace Hosting has offered the Xen.org community to host xen.org
services and we have started migration last week. The expectation is
that all services will be migrated by Nov the 21st. There will be a
number of services where there may be short downtimes. These will be
announced in due course.

Xen.org has already been migrated.

We have a new MediaWiki (in testing) and we will be retiring the old
MoinMoin Wiki. For now, you can check out the new Wiki on
http://new-wiki.xen.org. Note that only a few pages have been migrated
so far and I played with the categories.

The expectation is that
- Pages marked as "Keep" in http://tinyurl.com/78fry5y will be migrated
first
- The old Wiki will become read-only and we also will publish converted
markup for the old Wiki. Test snapshots of these can be found at
http://new-wiki.xen.org/old-wiki/ &
http://new-wiki.xen.org/old-wiki-converted/ - most pages appear to
translate fairly nicely, except those with images and macros
- Some pages, such as
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/VirtualPrivateServerProviders may be
migrated to the static xen.org site (TBD)

We intentionally do not want to wholesale migrate all content as so much
is out-of-date. The move to the new Wiki
The detailed timing (i.e. exactly when we will switch off the old
instance off is still to be determined). But it will have to be before
Nov 21st. Note that you can already sign up as users: we will not
migrate MoinMoin users.

We will leave the look and feel as a basic Media Wiki for now, but will
make improvements and install additional plug-ins, etc. in due course.

I will let you know more on the timing on the other services on Wednesday

Regards
Lars

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-11-07 18:42 UTC | newest]