* Automated FS tests. Plans about untested FS: AFS, SFS, Minix3
@ 2011-11-10 21:33 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2011-11-10 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2

Some of you have probably noticed the series of commits fixing different
FS bugs limitations and missing features. The master of the ball was the
attached script in different slight modifications. UFS1 and UFS2 are
commented out since during the last test I had a kernel with only ro UFS
support but UFS and UFS2 were both tested. I hope some day to clean up
the script and commit it as e.g. "make fscheck", is anybody willing to
help? For 3 filesystems: AFS, SFS and Minix3 I couldn't find any driver
available under GNU/Linux. Considering the amount of fixes for other
FSes with similar usage, I except these FS have issues, especially SFS,
since unlike the 2 others which are minor modifications of BFS resp
minix2 it doesn't share any code with any other FS. The inability to
test those FS is a serious drawback especially if any changes affecting
all the filesystems need to be made. We all know that such condition can
lead to code quality degradation and eventual removal of concerned FS in
a long run. So could anyone supply the missing tests? They have to be
runnable under GNU/Linux. Supporting more platforms is a plus but not a
requirement since it's mainly  quality insurance tool.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko

[-- Attachment #1.2: fstest.sh --]
[-- Type: application/x-shellscript, Size: 16458 bytes --]

* Re: Automated FS tests. Plans about untested FS: AFS, SFS, Minix3
@ 2011-11-11 12:52 ` Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2011-11-11 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2