* Guest floppy regression hits qemu-kvm, qemu is not affected
@ 2011-11-18 14:06 ` Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues @ 2011-11-18 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

Today during the last 'sanity' qemu-kvm testing, we've noticed a
recurring problem: guest OS does not see the floppy, making the windows
installs time out. This problem has been extensively discussed on qemu
and qemu is fine here, problem is specific with qemu-kvm.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/123928

So, this is something to go on your radars.

Cheers,

Lucas

* [Qemu-devel] Guest floppy regression hits qemu-kvm, qemu is not affected
@ 2011-11-18 14:06 ` Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues @ 2011-11-18 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

Today during the last 'sanity' qemu-kvm testing, we've noticed a
recurring problem: guest OS does not see the floppy, making the windows
installs time out. This problem has been extensively discussed on qemu
and qemu is fine here, problem is specific with qemu-kvm.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/123928

So, this is something to go on your radars.

Cheers,

Lucas

* Re: Guest floppy regression hits qemu-kvm, qemu is not affected
@ 2011-11-20  8:51   ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2011-11-20  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues

On 11/18/2011 04:06 PM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Today during the last 'sanity' qemu-kvm testing, we've noticed a
> recurring problem: guest OS does not see the floppy, making the
> windows installs time out. This problem has been extensively discussed
> on qemu and qemu is fine here, problem is specific with qemu-kvm.
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/123928
>
> So, this is something to go on your radars.

What was the last qemu-kvm commit hash that showed the problem?

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Guest floppy regression hits qemu-kvm, qemu is not affected
@ 2011-11-20  8:51   ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2011-11-20  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues