* RFC: rpcbind start/stop scripts affects all nested pid namespaces
@ 2011-12-26 12:50 Stanislav Kinsbursky
From: Stanislav Kinsbursky @ 2011-12-26 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs

When trying to start and stop rpcbind in different pid namespaces I've noticed,
that rpcbind stop command kills all rpcbind processes in nested pid namespaces.
This is caused by "/sbin/pidof rpcbind" call on rpcbind start. IOW file
"/var/run/rpcbind.pid" contains pids of all nested rpcbind processes.
The simplest solution I see for now is to add "-c" options to "pidof" command.
But I'm not sure about quality of solution and probably "killall5" have to be
updated with new option to work only in current pid namespace.
Would be glad to hear any opinion about this problem.

--
Best regards,
Stanislav Kinsbursky

* Re: RFC: rpcbind start/stop scripts affects all nested pid namespaces
@ 2012-01-03 14:58 ` Steve Dickson
From: Steve Dickson @ 2012-01-03 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanislav Kinsbursky; +Cc: linux-nfs

Please note, the systemV init scripts are  being replaced with
systemd scripts, at least with Fedora 16 and beyond...

See /lib/systemd/system/rpcbind.service on Fedora 16 for
the new way rpcbind is started...

steved.

@ 2012-01-10 10:39   ` Stanislav Kinsbursky
From: Stanislav Kinsbursky @ 2012-01-10 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)