* Parsing kconfig files from scripts
@ 2012-01-13 22:21 Philip Prindeville
From: Philip Prindeville @ 2012-01-13 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kbuild

Hi,

I'm working on several projects that are linux based and use Kconfig.

One of the tasks on my list is to build automation that detects what targets to build nightly after continuous integrations into SCM (including new platforms being added).

A way to do this is to find in the Kconfig tree all possible values of a given symbol, such as CONFIG_CMDLINE for instance (ok, not a great example).

I was wondering if there was a command-line utility one could invoke to query the parse tree and dump values from it.

Thanks,

-Philip

* Re: Parsing kconfig files from scripts
@ 2012-01-14 20:58 ` Michal Marek
From: Michal Marek @ 2012-01-14 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Prindeville; +Cc: linux-kbuild

On 13.1.2012 23:21, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> One of the tasks on my list is to build automation that detects what
> targets to build nightly after continuous integrations into SCM
> (including new platforms being added).
>
> A way to do this is to find in the Kconfig tree all possible values
> of a given symbol, such as CONFIG_CMDLINE for instance (ok, not a
> great example).
>
> I was wondering if there was a command-line utility one could invoke
> to query the parse tree and dump values from it.

There is not, but a patch adding such tool would be welcome.

Michal