* xbmc as a guest
@ 2012-01-15 21:05 Ryar
From: Ryar @ 2012-01-15 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Hi

I'd like to install a few servers as kvm guests in my home network and
to keep host as minimal as possible I'm thinking to install xbmc as a
guest too

1. Is is feasible ? As I read xbmc heavily uses opengl and I'm not sure
what about sound
2. Is it possible to redirect output from guest as main output - I mean
host is connected to tv thus interested in to see xbmc picture only

BR
ryar

* Re: xbmc as a guest
@ 2012-01-16  7:54 ` Jes Sorensen
From: Jes Sorensen @ 2012-01-16  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryar; +Cc: kvm

On 01/15/12 22:05, Ryar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to install a few servers as kvm guests in my home network and
> to keep host as minimal as possible I'm thinking to install xbmc as a
> guest too
>
> 1. Is is feasible ? As I read xbmc heavily uses opengl and I'm not sure
> what about sound
> 2. Is it possible to redirect output from guest as main output - I mean
> host is connected to tv thus interested in to see xbmc picture only

XBMC really wants direct access to the video and sound devices. While it
might be possible to do this via device pass-through, then I think XBMC
is one of these installs where you really want it installed directly on
the box and not in a virtual machine.

If you don't want to install it directly, you may have a look at the
XBMC live USB image instead.

Cheers,
Jes