* [Qemu-devel] Build failure in test-coroutine.c
@ 2012-01-19 19:06 Erik Rull
From: Erik Rull @ 2012-01-19 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi all,

I just got a copy of the current qemu-kvm but there is a build failure in
test-coroutine.c:

erik@debian:~/qemu-test/qemu-kvm$ make
[...]
   CC    test-coroutine.o
test-coroutine.c: In function 'test_nesting':
test-coroutine.c:92: warning: implicit declaration of function
'g_assert_cmpint'
test-coroutine.c:92: warning: nested extern declaration of 'g_assert_cmpint'
test-coroutine.c:92: error: expected expression before '==' token
test-coroutine.c:93: error: expected expression before '==' token
test-coroutine.c: In function 'test_yield':
test-coroutine.c:122: error: expected expression before '==' token
test-coroutine.c: In function 'perf_lifecycle':
test-coroutine.c:170: warning: implicit declaration of function
'g_test_timer_start'
test-coroutine.c:170: warning: nested extern declaration of
'g_test_timer_start'
test-coroutine.c:175: warning: implicit declaration of function
'g_test_timer_elapsed'
test-coroutine.c:175: warning: nested extern declaration of
'g_test_timer_elapsed'
test-coroutine.c:177: warning: implicit declaration of function
'g_test_message'
test-coroutine.c:177: warning: nested extern declaration of 'g_test_message'
test-coroutine.c: In function 'main':
test-coroutine.c:182: warning: implicit declaration of function 'g_test_init'
test-coroutine.c:182: warning: nested extern declaration of 'g_test_init'
test-coroutine.c:183: warning: implicit declaration of function
'g_test_add_func'
test-coroutine.c:183: warning: nested extern declaration of 'g_test_add_func'
test-coroutine.c:188: warning: implicit declaration of function 'g_test_perf'
test-coroutine.c:188: warning: nested extern declaration of 'g_test_perf'
test-coroutine.c:191: warning: implicit declaration of function 'g_test_run'
test-coroutine.c:191: warning: nested extern declaration of 'g_test_run'
make: *** [test-coroutine.o] Error 1
erik@debian:~/qemu-test/qemu-kvm$

Any ideas how to fix that?

Best regards,

Erik

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure in test-coroutine.c
@ 2012-02-06  8:29 ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2012-02-06  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Rull; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 08:06:30PM +0100, Erik Rull wrote:
> test-coroutine.c:92: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'g_assert_cmpint'
> erik@debian:~/qemu-test/qemu-kvm$

This must be an old Debian box.  Debian stable has a new enough glib
that provides g_assert_cmpint().

The glib testing infrastructure requires glib 2.16 or later.  It's
trivial to write a replacement g_assert_cmpint() for old systems but
unfortunately you're also missing the core testing framework
(g_test_run() and friends) so it's not that easy to backport.

Which version of distro version are you using?  Which glib version are
you using?

Stefan

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure in test-coroutine.c
@ 2012-02-07  9:23   ` Erik Rull
From: Erik Rull @ 2012-02-07  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi; +Cc: qemu-devel

On February 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 08:06:30PM +0100, Erik Rull wrote:
> > test-coroutine.c:92: warning: implicit declaration of function
> > 'g_assert_cmpint'
> > erik@debian:~/qemu-test/qemu-kvm$
>
> This must be an old Debian box.  Debian stable has a new enough glib
> that provides g_assert_cmpint().
>
> The glib testing infrastructure requires glib 2.16 or later.  It's
> trivial to write a replacement g_assert_cmpint() for old systems but
> unfortunately you're also missing the core testing framework
> (g_test_run() and friends) so it's not that easy to backport.
>
> Which version of distro version are you using?  Which glib version are
> you using?
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

it is Debian 4.0 glib 2.0
Can you add a ./configure option to just remove the compilation of the test
infrastructure? I don't need it. Currently I just modify my configure
script...

Best regards,

Erik

P.S. I'm planning to upgrade to a "more recent" version during this year...

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure in test-coroutine.c
@ 2012-02-07 10:19     ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2012-02-07 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Rull; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Erik Rull <erik.rull@rdsoftware.de> wrote:

> On February 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 08:06:30PM +0100, Erik Rull wrote:
>> > test-coroutine.c:92: warning: implicit declaration of function
>> > 'g_assert_cmpint'
>> > erik@debian:~/qemu-test/qemu-kvm$
>>
>> This must be an old Debian box.  Debian stable has a new enough glib
>> that provides g_assert_cmpint().
>>
>> The glib testing infrastructure requires glib 2.16 or later.  It's
>> trivial to write a replacement g_assert_cmpint() for old systems but
>> unfortunately you're also missing the core testing framework
>> (g_test_run() and friends) so it's not that easy to backport.
>>
>> Which version of distro version are you using?  Which glib version are
>> you using?
>>
>> Stefan
>>

> Hi Stefan,
>
> it is Debian 4.0 glib 2.0
> Can you add a ./configure option to just remove the compilation of the test
> infrastructure? I don't need it. Currently I just modify my configure
> script...

I have added this to my todo list but am unsure when I can come up
with a patch.  If you or anyone else wants to do it, please go ahead.

Stefan