* [Qemu-devel] [help]how to make qemu-img utility to support writting file or directory to the image file
@ 2012-01-29  9:02 马磊
From: 马磊 @ 2012-01-29  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel-request; +Cc: qemu-devel

    qemu-img is only to support create/info and so on whithout writting
operation to the image file.
     I have ported the reading operation for a image file form grub2 to
qemu-img. But NTFS document online  is not detailed enough, how to do
inorder to achieve the goal of writting to a image file?
    If anyone encountered the same problem, please reply to me.
    Thanks ahead!

Bruce

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [help]how to make qemu-img utility to support writting file or directory to the image file
@ 2012-01-31 11:55 ` Kevin Wolf
From: Kevin Wolf @ 2012-01-31 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 马磊; +Cc: xen-devel-request, qemu-devel

Am 29.01.2012 10:02, schrieb 马磊:
> Hi,
>     qemu-img is only to support create/info and so on whithout writting
> operation to the image file.
>      I have ported the reading operation for a image file form grub2 to
> qemu-img. But NTFS document online  is not detailed enough, how to do
> inorder to achieve the goal of writting to a image file?
>     If anyone encountered the same problem, please reply to me.
>     Thanks ahead!

Embedding file system drivers in qemu-img is not the right approach. You
need to get the image mapped to a block device on your host (e.g. using
qemu-nbd), so you can use the host's file system drivers.

Kevin

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [help]how to make qemu-img utility to support writting file or directory to the image file
@ 2012-01-31 12:30 ` TeLeMan
From: TeLeMan @ 2012-01-31 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 马磊; +Cc: xen-devel-request, qemu-devel

You can try libguestfs: http://libguestfs.org/