* Win 2000 driver for -vga std ?
@ 2012-02-14  1:42 ` Reeted
From: Reeted @ 2012-02-14  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm, qemu-devel

Hello, subject says it all

The driver for windows 2000 for the -vga std should be the Anapa VBE
Vesa VBEMP if I understand correctly
but I cannot on earth find this executable
http://navozhdeniye.narod.ru/vbemp.htm
all links for download all over the world are dangling!

Anybody has conserved this very important driver?

Thank you
R.

* [Qemu-devel] Win 2000 driver for -vga std ?
@ 2012-02-14  1:42 ` Reeted
From: Reeted @ 2012-02-14  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm, qemu-devel

Hello, subject says it all

The driver for windows 2000 for the -vga std should be the Anapa VBE
Vesa VBEMP if I understand correctly
but I cannot on earth find this executable
http://navozhdeniye.narod.ru/vbemp.htm
all links for download all over the world are dangling!

Anybody has conserved this very important driver?

Thank you
R.

* Re: Win 2000 driver for -vga std ?
@ 2012-02-14  6:25   ` Michael Tokarev
From: Michael Tokarev @ 2012-02-14  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reeted; +Cc: kvm, qemu-devel

On 14.02.2012 05:42, Reeted wrote:
> Hello, subject says it all
>
> The driver for windows 2000 for the -vga std should be the Anapa VBE Vesa VBEMP if I understand correctly
> but I cannot on earth find this executable
> http://navozhdeniye.narod.ru/vbemp.htm
> all links for download all over the world are dangling!
>
> Anybody has conserved this very important driver?

This "adapter" works in all versions of windows with a built-in
vesa driver just fine, no replacement is necessary or desired.

The only problem is that some versions of windows consider that
driver to be "problematic" somehow and mark the corresponding
device with yellow exclamation sign.  Go ask M$ about this.

Thanks,

/mjt

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Win 2000 driver for -vga std ?
@ 2012-02-14  6:25   ` Michael Tokarev
From: Michael Tokarev @ 2012-02-14  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reeted; +Cc: qemu-devel, kvm

@ 2012-02-14 13:58     ` Reeted
From: Reeted @ 2012-02-14 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Tokarev; +Cc: kvm, qemu-devel

On 02/14/12 07:25, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> On 14.02.2012 05:42, Reeted wrote:
>> Hello, subject says it all
>>
>> The driver for windows 2000 for the -vga std should be the Anapa VBE
>> Vesa VBEMP if I understand correctly
>> but I cannot on earth find this executable
>> http://navozhdeniye.narod.ru/vbemp.htm
>> all links for download all over the world are dangling!
>>
>> Anybody has conserved this very important driver?
>
> This "adapter" works in all versions of windows with a built-in
> vesa driver just fine, no replacement is necessary or desired.
>
> The only problem is that some versions of windows consider that
> driver to be "problematic" somehow and mark the corresponding
> device with yellow exclamation sign.  Go ask M$ about this.

I don't think so...

It detects new hardware (I am virtualizing an existing machine), asks me
where to look for a driver, I make it go looking into the Win2000
installation CD and online at Windows Update but it says it cannot find
a driver for such video adapter. It asks me if I want to disable the
device or be prompted again for installation at the next boot.

And it keeps running at 16 colors (4 bit depth) 800x600 and very poor
performances when moving windows around.

From: Reeted @ 2012-02-14 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Tokarev; +Cc: qemu-devel, kvm