* Question
@ 2012-02-22 19:20 John Vulchev
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Vulchev @ 2012-02-22 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Is there a way for me to have multiple copies of DOSEMU so that I can
have a separate unique icons to directly launch different applications,
as opposed to typing the executable name once the DOSEMU window opens?
I would appreciate any help with this.

Best Regards:

John Vulchev
High Temp Metals, Inc
12910 San Fernando Road
Sylmar, CA 91342 USA
PHN (818) 362-5357
PHN (800) 500-2141
FAX (818) 362-9884
john@hightempmetals.com

* Re: Question
@ 2012-02-22 19:32 ` Frank Cox
From: Frank Cox @ 2012-02-22 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Vulchev; +Cc: linux-msdos

You could probably script it, depending on what your exact needs are.

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:20:56 -0800
John Vulchev wrote:

> Is there a way for me to have multiple copies of DOSEMU so that I can
> have a separate unique icons to directly launch different applications,
> as opposed to typing the executable name once the DOSEMU window opens?
> I would appreciate any help with this.
>
> Best Regards:
>

> John Vulchev
> High Temp Metals, Inc
> 12910 San Fernando Road
> Sylmar, CA 91342 USA
> PHN (818) 362-5357
> PHN (800) 500-2141
> FAX (818) 362-9884
> john@hightempmetals.com

* Re: Question
@ 2012-02-22 20:05 ` Paul Lagasse
From: Paul Lagasse @ 2012-02-22 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Vulchev; +Cc: linux-msdos

You can do this pretty easily by specifying an application-launching
command or batch file when launching Dosemu. For example, the command
"dosemu edit" will immediately launch FreeDos Edit once Dosemu starts.
If wp.bat launches Word Perfect, for example, then the command "dosemu
wp" should get you up and running in Word Perfect. Etc. You don't need
multiple copies of Dosemu to start multiple sessions of Dosemu.

On 02/22/2012 02:20 PM, John Vulchev wrote:
> Is there a way for me to have multiple copies of DOSEMU so that I can
> have a separate unique icons to directly launch different
> applications, as opposed to typing the executable name once the DOSEMU
> window opens?  I would appreciate any help with this.
>
> Best Regards:
>

> John Vulchev
> High Temp Metals, Inc
> 12910 San Fernando Road
> Sylmar, CA 91342 USA
> PHN (818) 362-5357
> PHN (800) 500-2141
> FAX (818) 362-9884
> john@hightempmetals.com

* IRQ passing x86-64
@ 2012-03-14 12:00 ` Paul Crawford
From: Paul Crawford @ 2012-03-14 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

I noticed in the dosemu configuration file the comment "Note that IRQ
passing does not work on x86-64".

I wondered if this is going to be fixed, or it is something fundamental
broken in 64-bit CPUs as compared to working with the vm86 option that
32-bit CPUs provide?

Regards,
Paul
--