* foreign repository
@ 2012-03-22 13:27 Jaap de Jong
From: Jaap de Jong @ 2012-03-22 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi All!

I have this repository filled with about 50 packages.
It is not created with openembedded.
Still I would like to include them in my rootfs.
What are my options?

Thanks!
Jaap

* Re: foreign repository
@ 2012-03-26  9:57 ` Jaap de Jong
From: Jaap de Jong @ 2012-03-26  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Anyone?
Any idea?

On 03/22/2012 02:27 PM, Jaap de Jong wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I have this repository filled with about 50 packages.
> It is not created with openembedded.
> Still I would like to include them in my rootfs.
> What are my options?
>
> Thanks!
> Jaap

* Re: foreign repository
@ 2012-03-26 10:31   ` Sergey Lapin
From: Sergey Lapin @ 2012-03-26 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Jaap de Jong <jaap.dejong@nedap.com> wrote:
> Anyone?
> Any idea?
You can read OE wiki regarding overlays/layers.
Also, you can use Koen's Angstrom scripts for no-brains configuration process.
Also, bitbake manual and OE existing layers are your friends.

S.

* Re: foreign repository
@ 2012-03-26 12:05     ` Jaap de Jong
From: Jaap de Jong @ 2012-03-26 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Thanks!

It was never my intention to create new recipes for all the packages
that are in this foreign repository.
I would have to update every 2 weeks or so to keep in sync with that
repository.
Don't want that!

I only want to install the package that is in that repository and its
dependencies.

This is what I did.
Added the foreign repository in: angstrom-feed-configs.bbappend
So with 'opkg update' it is read.
Created an empty 'placeholder' recipe for the package to include.
When I bitbake my image this empty package is included in the rootfs.
Now i only have to 'opkg update/upgrade' to get the actual packages in.
This is by far the easiest solution (I think...)

Thanks again!
Jaap