* [Printing-architecture] Another student interested in GSOC
@ 2012-03-15 21:30 Jan Matyas
From: Jan Matyas @ 2012-03-15 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: printing-architecture

Hello,

I was brought to this maillist by a link from the OpenPrinting GSOC
Ideas page
(http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/2012-gsoc-printing-projects).

Especially these project ideas sound interesting to me:

* Lightweight tool for manipulation of PDF files for printing
* Job Ticket API (JTAPI) implementation
* JTAPI (Job Ticket API) JDF Job-Ticket Implementation

Could you please suggest a concrete programming task (e.g. a bugfix, an
implementation of a simple feature) that I could take care of before
applying for any of the ideas above?  I would like to get familliar with
your codebase and see whether I am a competent candidate for any of the
mentioned projects.

Personal information

-- I'm a student of Brno University of Technology, Faculty of
Information Technologies, Czech Republic (http://www.fit.vutbr.cz),
currently in my 4th year of studies.
-- My specialization is "Computer and Embedded Systems".
-- I can offer a basic knowledge and overview of various branches of IT,
ranging from hardware (FPGAs, MCUs) through both imperative and
declarative programming (asm, C, C++, Java, Haskell, ..) to databases
and web programming.
-- I am familiar with C programming and with writing portable code. I
have experience with programming for various platforms (Win32, Linux, MCUs).
-- I communicate in English fluently.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Best regards,

Jan Matyas

* Re: [Printing-architecture] Another student interested in GSOC
@ 2012-03-16 20:37 ` Till Kamppeter
From: Till Kamppeter @ 2012-03-16 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Matyas; +Cc: printing-architecture

Hi,

welcome to OpenPrinting!

The Linux Foundation got accepted as mentoring organization again for
this year and so we are happy to get your application.

The PDF filter project is something which is urgently needed for
security and integrity in distributions and also to provide handy tools
for system administrators.

The JTAPI projects we have designed already longer time ago and no we
need to get them implemented.

Please submit three applications, one for each of these three project
ideas. If Google does not allow this, mention in your application that
you are interested in the three.

I am looking foprward for your participation.

    Till

@ 2012-03-27 19:33 ` Till Kamppeter
From: Till Kamppeter @ 2012-03-27 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Matyas; +Cc: printing-architecture

The student application period has started. Please apply at
http://www.google-melange.com/ for each of your proposed projects. Thanks.

I am looking forward for your participation.