* [Q] What sensor does s5K6aa driver support?
@ 2012-03-26  9:55 javier Martin
From: javier Martin @ 2012-03-26  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media; +Cc: s.nawrocki, Kyungmin Park, t.stanislaws

Hi,
the following driver claims to support S5K6AAFX Samsung sensor:
http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.3/drivers/media/video/s5k6aa.c

However, we've been informed that this reference is marked as EOL. Has
anyone tested this driver with anothe sensor compatible with S5K6AAFX
that can be used as a replacement?

Regards.
--
Javier Martin
Vista Silicon S.L.

* Re: [Q] What sensor does s5K6aa driver support?
@ 2012-03-29 18:53 ` Sylwester Nawrocki
From: Sylwester Nawrocki @ 2012-03-29 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: javier Martin; +Cc: linux-media, s.nawrocki, Kyungmin Park, t.stanislaws

Hello Javier,

On 03/26/2012 11:55 AM, javier Martin wrote:
> Hi,
> the following driver claims to support S5K6AAFX Samsung sensor:
> http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.3/drivers/media/video/s5k6aa.c
>
> However, we've been informed that this reference is marked as EOL. Has
> anyone tested this driver with anothe sensor compatible with S5K6AAFX
> that can be used as a replacement?

It's rather unlikely to get this driver working with other sensors
without any modifications. Although the required changes might not be
significant, still it would probably make more sense to write a new driver
for another sensor.

I'm not sure who provided you with the information this sensor is being
discontinued, but wasn't it suggested to you what other similar sensors
are available and can be used instead ?

Sylwester Nawrocki