* [Xenomai-help] difference Analogy API et rtdm API in xenomai
@ 2012-03-30 13:45 Minh GIANG
From: Minh GIANG @ 2012-03-30 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

hello everybody,

i have a small question, which is the difference between the analogy API
and rtdm API in xenomai. for exemple, i think that i can open a port for
data transmission in the two api.

* Re: [Xenomai-help] difference Analogy API et rtdm API in xenomai
@ 2012-03-31 19:10 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2012-03-31 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Minh GIANG; +Cc: xenomai

On 03/30/2012 03:45 PM, Minh GIANG wrote:
> hello everybody,
>
> i have a small question, which is the difference between the analogy API
> and rtdm API in xenomai. for exemple, i think that i can open a port for
> data transmission in the two api.

The RTDM API is an API allowing to implement drivers for xenomai using
the usual POSIX open/close/ioctl/etc... API.

Analogy is a driver implemented using the RTDM API. So, you can access
it using either the usual POSIX open/close/ioctl/etc... API, or using
the analogy library provided.

So, yes, you can use the two APIs, but using the analogy library is
probably simpler.

--
                                                                Gilles.

* Re: [Xenomai-help] difference Analogy API et rtdm API in xenomai
@ 2012-04-01 23:30   ` Minh GIANG
From: Minh GIANG @ 2012-04-01 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gilles Chanteperdrix; +Cc: xenomai

Hello,

thank for your advice, my other question is that i should use the POSIX API
instead of Native API in Xenomai for my application because it will be more
portable, but it seems easier with Native API for development,  i'm wrong?
In conclusion, it will be better that i develop my project (data acquision
for example) with Analogy and POSIX API.

@ 2012-04-01 23:37     ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2012-04-01 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Minh GIANG; +Cc: xenomai

On 04/02/2012 01:30 AM, Minh GIANG wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank for your advice, my other question is that i should use the POSIX API
> instead of Native API in Xenomai for my application because it will be more
> portable, but it seems easier with Native API for development,  i'm wrong?
> In conclusion, it will be better that i develop my project (data acquision
> for example) with Analogy and POSIX API.

The two APIs provide equivalent services, which one you prefer is
largely a matter of taste.

--
                                                                Gilles.