* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2012.04-rc1 is out
@ 2012-03-30 23:40 Wolfgang Denk
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2012-03-30 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi everybody,

after long struggeling we finally have a -rc1.

Please help testing, so we can fix the remaining issues before the
release, which I decided to shift to April 21, 2012.

Thanks to all who helped.

Please note:  Any help with processing patch backlog, for example
through the u-boot-staging tree, is more than welcome.  Thanks in
advance!

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Nearly everyone is in favor of going  to  heaven  but  too  many  are
hoping  they'll  live  long  enough  to see an easing of the entrance
requirements. Never appeal to a man's "better nature." he  might  not
have one.

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2012.04-rc1 is out
@ 2012-03-31  5:40 ` Dirk Behme
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Dirk Behme @ 2012-03-31  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 31.03.2012 01:40, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> after long struggeling we finally have a -rc1.

:)

> Please help testing, so we can fix the remaining issues before the
> release, which I decided to shift to April 21, 2012.
>
> Thanks to all who helped.
>
> Please note:  Any help with processing patch backlog, for example
> through the u-boot-staging tree, is more than welcome.  Thanks in
> advance!

It would be nice to get the following two patches into the final release:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/145515/

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/136789/

Many thanks

Dirk

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2012.04-rc1 is out
@ 2012-03-31 11:53 ` Jens Scharsig
From: Jens Scharsig @ 2012-03-31 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 31.03.2012 01:40, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> after long struggeling we finally have a -rc1.
>
> Please help testing, so we can fix the remaining issues before the
> release, which I decided to shift to April 21, 2012.

The eb_cpux9k2 board (maintained by myself) works basically with 2012.04-rc1. But for full functionality, please apply patch:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/104279/

Thanks and
  Best regards,

Jens Scharsig

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2012.04-rc1 is out
@ 2012-03-31 18:29   ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-03-31 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Jens Scharsig,

> On 31.03.2012 01:40, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > after long struggeling we finally have a -rc1.
> >
> > Please help testing, so we can fix the remaining issues before the
> > release, which I decided to shift to April 21, 2012.
>
> The eb_cpux9k2 board (maintained by myself) works basically with
> 2012.04-rc1. But for full functionality, please apply patch:
>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/104279/

Next time Cc me with USB related stuff please. Btw. it's marked accepted in
patchwork, how come?

> Thanks and
>   Best regards,
>
> Jens Scharsig

Best regards,
Marek Vasut

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2012.04-rc1 is out
@ 2012-04-01  7:55     ` Jens Scharsig
From: Jens Scharsig @ 2012-04-01  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Marek,

>> > The eb_cpux9k2 board (maintained by myself) works basically with
>> > 2012.04-rc1. But for full functionality, please apply patch:
>> >
>> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/104279/
> Next time Cc me with USB related stuff please. Btw. it's marked accepted in
> patchwork, how come?

I don't know, but I have following theory:

Reinhard Meyer has accept the patch for long time for atmel tree. But
since Reinhard is busy, there are no pull requests or rebases from/to
atmel repository.

Best regards,

Jens Scharsig

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2012.04-rc1 is out
@ 2012-04-01 11:46 ` Graeme Russ
From: Graeme Russ @ 2012-04-01 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Wolfgang,

On 03/31/2012 10:40 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> after long struggeling we finally have a -rc1.
>
> Please help testing, so we can fix the remaining issues before the
> release, which I decided to shift to April 21, 2012.

I just sent a pull request for an outstanding x86 fix for a compiler warning

And Marek's "Add "bootz" command" patch has broken x86 but this is not an
x86 specific problem...

Regards,

Graeme

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2012.04-rc1 is out
@ 2012-04-01 13:42       ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-04-01 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Jens Scharsig,

> Dear Marek,

> > Next time Cc me with USB related stuff please. Btw. it's marked accepted
> > in patchwork, how come?
>
> I don't know, but I have following theory:
>
> Reinhard Meyer has accept the patch for long time for atmel tree. But
> since Reinhard is busy, there are no pull requests or rebases from/to
> atmel repository.

I'm sorry to hear that. But I don't even see it in that repo. If you'd be so
kind and resubmit the patch, I'd push it through the staging tree :)

> Best regards,
>
> Jens Scharsig

Best regards,
Marek Vasut

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2012.04-rc1 is out
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-04-01 19:29 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2012-04-01 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Friday 30 March 2012 19:40:49 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Please help testing, so we can fix the remaining issues before the
> release, which I decided to shift to April 21, 2012.

we need Marek's recent patch as quite a number of boards are broken w/out:
	http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/149924/

for Blackfin boards, there's one failure, but in order to fix, it requires
patches posted after the merge window:
	http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/139526/
	http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/139579/

should be OK though as i don't think those patches generally affect common code
-mike