* wl12xx: receiving all packet(like Promiscuous mode)
@ 2012-04-12 14:31 Dino Joseph Mycle
From: Dino Joseph Mycle @ 2012-04-12 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hello all
    We are doing one experiment with wl12xx,
in this we are required to get all packet received which passes FCS. I set the
rx_config  CFG_RX_ALL_GOOD, but still not getting any packet. we want it to behave how it is in monitor mode. Can someone throw some light into this .

When we configure it with CFG_RX_ALL_GOOD, that is 0x0x8 for the rx_config, the value is been set, but the effect is not there. Is there any dependency on the firmware ?

Using the linux-3.1.10 with firmware (Rev 6.1.5.50.74) with Panda board

Thanks for the support,
Dino Joseph Mycle

* Re: wl12xx: receiving all packet(like Promiscuous mode)
@ 2012-04-12 14:47 ` Martin Hundebøll
From: Martin Hundebøll @ 2012-04-12 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dino Joseph Mycle; +Cc: linux-wireless

Hi Dino,

On 04/12/2012 04:31 PM, Dino Joseph Mycle wrote:
> When we configure it with CFG_RX_ALL_GOOD, that is 0x0x8 for the rx_config, the value is been set, but the effect is not there. Is there any dependency on the firmware ?

According to TI, the wl1271 firmware does not support monitor nor promisc mode:
http://e2e.ti.com/support/low_power_rf/f/307/t/139041.aspx

I had to switch to USB-sticks to get the promisc mode on my pandaboards.

// Martin