* Quote of the day
@ 2012-04-12  7:31 Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2012-04-12  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fio

Hi,

Thought I'd share this one with you, it's from Linus:

----

[...] get Jens' FIO code. It does things right, including writing
actual pseudo-random contents, which shows if the disk does some
"de-duplication" (aka "optimize for benchmarks):

http://freecode.com/projects/fio

Anything else is suspect - forget about bonnie or other traditional
tools.

----

--
Jens Axboe

* Re: Quote of the day
@ 2012-04-12 15:58 ` Daniel Ehrenberg
From: Daniel Ehrenberg @ 2012-04-12 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: fio

Thanks for your great work on fio, Jens!

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thought I'd share this one with you, it's from Linus:
>
> ----
>
> [...] get Jens' FIO code. It does things right, including writing
> actual pseudo-random contents, which shows if the disk does some
> "de-duplication" (aka "optimize for benchmarks):
>
> http://freecode.com/projects/fio
>
> Anything else is suspect - forget about bonnie or other traditional
> tools.
>
> ----
>
> --
> Jens Axboe

* Re: Quote of the day
@ 2012-04-12 18:07   ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2012-04-12 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Ehrenberg; +Cc: fio

On 2012-04-12 17:58, Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:
> Thanks for your great work on fio, Jens!

It started as a way to help myself, so I'm just happy that it's helping
others too :-)

--
Jens Axboe