* Steinberg CMC
@ 2012-04-19 13:15 Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-04-19 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi

I own 3 of the 6 Steinberg control surfaces CMC series

To run them, I added some entries in the (usb) quirk-table.

They are midi input and output of vendor ID Yahama and products as the
following
CMC-CH 0x1060
CMC-TP 0x1061
CMC-AI 0x1065

Where to notify that or how to add a patch? For the patch, should I paste
the lines in the last Linux Kernel version and create the patch?

Cheers

Patrick

* Re: Steinberg CMC
@ 2012-04-19 15:19 ` Clemens Ladisch
       [not found]   ` <7746C177000D4267B9F6B2F01F8D7128@nanhstxbtkmyli>
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2012-04-19 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick; +Cc: alsa-devel

Patrick wrote:
> I own 3 of the 6 Steinberg control surfaces CMC series
>
> To run them, I added some entries in the (usb) quirk-table.
>
> They are midi input and output of vendor ID Yahama and products as the
> following
> CMC-CH 0x1060
> CMC-TP 0x1061
> CMC-AI 0x1065

I wonder what the other three IDs might be ...  ;-)

> Where to notify that

Here.

> For the patch, should I paste the lines in the last Linux Kernel
> version and create the patch?

Yes.  See Documentation/SubmittingPatches for details, but a patch
like this is really trivial.

Regards,
Clemens

* Re: [english 100%] Re:  Steinberg CMC
       [not found]   ` <7746C177000D4267B9F6B2F01F8D7128@nanhstxbtkmyli>
@ 2012-04-19 17:02     ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2012-04-19 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick; +Cc: alsa-devel

Patrick wrote:
> Probably 1062 1063 1064 are the CMC- FD PD and QC but in which order?

The important information is the ID.
The name can be read from the device's descriptors; this parameter is there
just to allow overriding it.

> I understand the patch is trivial it is three lines to add. But I need to
> get the development version to submit it. Otherwise if in the meantime the
> 105f and the 1066 are entered, my patch will return an error.
>
> ... or can the maintainers do it?

Such conflicts would be trivial to resolve.

Regards,
Clemens