* Git push stuck
@ 2012-04-21 10:54 hen vertis
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: hen vertis @ 2012-04-21 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

hi
i working with git version 1.7.10.msysgit.1 on windows 7.
my repository is on Ubuntu.
i can make fetch and merge.
but when i trying to push is not working.
any idea will be welcomed.

best regards
hen

* Re: Git push stuck
@ 2012-04-21 20:27 ` jaseem abid
From: jaseem abid @ 2012-04-21 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hen vertis; +Cc: git

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 4:24 PM, hen vertis <henvertis@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
> i working with git version 1.7.10.msysgit.1 on windows 7.
> my repository is on Ubuntu.
> i can make fetch and merge.
> but when i trying to push is not working.

I'm not really a git expert but I don't think anybody here will be
able to help you out with this information. Please post the error
message or any extra adequate information here so that somebody might
be able to figure out whats going wrong.

> any idea will be welcomed.

Potential helpers might want to know the protocol you used (ssh| https

--
Jaseem Abid
http://jaseemabid.github.com

* Re: Git push stuck
@ 2012-04-21 23:41 ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2012-04-21 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hen vertis; +Cc: git

On 04/21/2012 10:54 PM, hen vertis wrote:
> hi
> i working with git version 1.7.10.msysgit.1 on windows 7.
> my repository is on Ubuntu.
> i can make fetch and merge.
> but when i trying to push is not working.
> any idea will be welcomed.
>
> best regards
> hen

To help diagnose your problem could you please provide the output of

  git remote show origin

Also try running you push command like this

  GIT_TRACE=1 git push

This will provide more debugging info that might tell us where git push
is getting stuck.

* Re: Git push stuck
@ 2012-04-22  3:07 ` Peter Harris
From: Peter Harris @ 2012-04-22  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hen vertis; +Cc: git, msysGit

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM, hen vertis wrote:
> hi
> i working with git version 1.7.10.msysgit.1 on windows 7.
> my repository is on Ubuntu.
> i can make fetch and merge.
> but when i trying to push is not working.
> any idea will be welcomed.

This is a known issue with the implementation of the sideband 64k
feature when pushing using the bare git protocol. Nobody has been able
to adequately explain exactly what the problem is, so there hasn't
been a satisfactory patch yet. Windows appears to prevent writes to a
socket-backed file descriptor while another process is doing a
blocking read (or even a select). Perhaps it's a bug in Windows file
descriptor emulation layer, or perhaps its a bug in msysgit. More
eyes, and especially patches, are welcome.

Known workarounds include patching out sideband 64k, or using ssh
instead of the bare git protocol. More security/encryption is a good
thing, so I started using ssh.

CCing the msysgit mailing list, in case there have been recent
developments that I've missed.

Peter Harris

--
*** Please reply-to-all at all times ***
*** (do not pretend to know who is subscribed and who is not) ***

*** Please avoid top-posting. ***

msysgit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/msysgit?hl=en_US?hl=en