* Include already exisiting rpm or .spec
@ 2012-04-25 15:56 Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-04-25 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Dear all,

We have some software that we develop from a while that we release as
rpm. To build these rpm we have some complexe .spec files.

Now we use Yocto/Poky to build many new elements and I would like to
include in my rootfs generated with Yocto/Poky some of our "old"
software. We don't want to manage the bitbake recipes and the .spec for
each of our "old" software.

I then would like to know if I could made a simple bitbake recipes that
"call/include/use" the .specs files ?
Another solution would be to include directly the rpm to the final
image. Do you think that it's possible ?

Thanks in advance for idea or hint

Patrick

* Re: Include already exisiting rpm or .spec
@ 2012-04-25 17:08 ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2012-04-25 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

On 4/25/12 10:56 AM, Patrick wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We have some software that we develop from a while that we release as
> rpm. To build these rpm we have some complexe .spec files.
>
> Now we use Yocto/Poky to build many new elements and I would like to
> include in my rootfs generated with Yocto/Poky some of our "old"
> software. We don't want to manage the bitbake recipes and the .spec for
> each of our "old" software.
>
> I then would like to know if I could made a simple bitbake recipes that
> "call/include/use" the .specs files ?
> Another solution would be to include directly the rpm to the final
> image. Do you think that it's possible ?

This is something that we have discussed, but nobody has implement it yet.

It is best for long term maintenance to transfer the spec file items into recipe
format... but if you don't want to do that you can copy your built binary RPM
packages into the deploy/RPMS/<arch> directory and then add the package names to
install into IMAGE_INSTALL (from memory).

--Mark

@ 2012-05-24  9:22   ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-05-24  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Hello all,

We have tried to add one of our package called
test_libs-v27_v30-1.armv7a.rpm into tmp/deploy/rpm/armv7a directory.

Then in our image receipes we have added test_libs in  IMAGE_INSTALL.

The when we bitbake our image we have the following error message:

Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'test_libs' (but
/home/yocto/poky-denzil-7.0/meta-test/recipes-extended/images/test-image.bb
RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'test_libs' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['test_libs']
ERROR: Required build target 'test-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['test-image', 'test_libs']

Thanks for any help !

Patrick

@ 2012-05-25 12:03     ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-05-25 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

On 05/24/2012 11:22 AM, Patrick wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We have tried to add one of our package called
> test_libs-v27_v30-1.armv7a.rpm into tmp/deploy/rpm/armv7a directory.
>
> Then in our image receipes we have added test_libs in IMAGE_INSTALL.
>
> The when we bitbake our image we have the following error message:
>
> Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'test_libs' (but
> /home/yocto/poky-denzil-7.0/meta-test/recipes-extended/images/test-image.bb
> RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
> NOTE: Runtime target 'test_libs' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['test_libs']
> ERROR: Required build target 'test-image' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['test-image', 'test_libs']
>
> Thanks for any help !
>
> Patrick

I reply myself, we have simply added a dummy recipes with a RPROVIDES
with the name of our package and everything work like a charm.

Thanks to all

@ 2012-05-25 18:14       ` Robert Abel
From: Robert Abel @ 2012-05-25 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Hi Patrick,

I think your original problem is that

On 05/24/2012 11:22 AM, Patrick wrote:
> We have tried to add one of our package called
> test_libs-v27_v30-1.armv7a.rpm into tmp/deploy/rpm/armv7a directory.

contains two underscores. Look through the output of bitbake -s and see
if you find test with version libs-v27_v30-1 instead of test_libs.

Also, please make a new thread for each problem. You won't get as many

Robert