* Working on a rejected GSoC project
@ 2012-04-29 11:46 jaseem abid
From: jaseem abid @ 2012-04-29 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone,

I applied for the project "Use JavaScript library / framework in
gitweb" which sadly didn't get a slot this year's GSoC. I would love
to work on this project in my summer vacation as nobody else got the
project and is working on it now. It would be great if someone among
you can spare some of your time for me and be a mentor to help me out
in this task. I am planning to stick to the GSoC schedule and finish
it as early as possible in a good manner.

I have my university break coming soon and will be able to work on
this from 2nd May to 20th July investing as much as time this
requires. Its quite sad that I have to do this without the GSoC tag or
money, but I really want to finish something I started already. I hear
by see this as an opportunity to   contribute back to a tool which I
heavily use on a day to day basis.

Any sort of help would be greatly valued.

--
Jaseem Abid
http://jaseemabid.github.com

* Re: Working on a rejected GSoC project
@ 2012-04-29 23:20 ` Andrew Sayers
From: Andrew Sayers @ 2012-04-29 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know anything about gitweb specifically, but I'd be happy to
talk about generic JS issues.  You can e-mail privately if you like, but
you'll probably get a wider range of views if you route messages via the
mailing list.

	- Andrew

* Re: Working on a rejected GSoC project
@ 2012-04-30 10:47 ` chaitanya nalla
From: chaitanya nalla @ 2012-04-30 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi jaseem,

I am ready to work with you as a team and successfully complete the
project . Believe me we can learn a lot  by working on the gitweb
project .

* Re: Working on a rejected GSoC project
@ 2012-04-30 12:30   ` jaseem abid
From: jaseem abid @ 2012-04-30 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Andrew Sayers
<andrew-git@pileofstuff.org> wrote:
> I don't know anything about gitweb specifically, but I'd be happy to
> talk about generic JS issues.  You can e-mail privately if you like, but
> you'll probably get a wider range of views if you route messages via the
> mailing list.

Thanks a lot Andrew :)

I think I should follow the general contribution policies and work as
usual rather than as a GSoC student. Write code, ask for a general
review here, update code based on the review and iterate again and
again to get the task done and I hope somebody will find time to
review it and help me out. I am still awaiting to hear from Jakub who
helped me out in the beginning with some comments and reviews on code
I pushed to https://github.com/jaseemabid/git/tree/gsoc.

I'd also like to add that I'm a newbie to FOSS contribution and I have
no prior experience with this. Please tolerate mistakes :) All I can
assure is that will try my level best to make this work out well.

Regards,

Jaseem Abid
http://jaseemabid.github.com